Converted

I have always preffered driving Scanias to any other wagons. Until yesterday.
I was sent to a hire depot to return a crappy Merc Axor (a straight-8 gearbox - are they mad■■?), we had on hire, for servicing. It was getting exchanged for a Daf, I was told. So I gets there and the guy says you’re taking that one away. I thought he was gonna give us a CF but instead we got an XF. I don’t mind Dafs, at least the newer ones, but I was blown away with the XF. I’ve sat in one before, but never driven one. It was lovely. And the power compared to my elderly 3-series Scanny was immense. Not to mention the flat floor and big bunk. OK so at 6’ 2" I couldn’t stand totally upright, but it’s the closest I’ve been to it.

I was hoping to get away in that for the week, but one of the other guys is getting to take it to Holland instead :cry: Oh well, maybe get to test it out when he’s back.

So next job I do, I want an XF to play in.

Your old Scania was obviously not a streamline or a 143 if the power in the Daf was immense compared to it :laughing: :laughing:

eh lostpup how new was this daf cuz ive never seen one with a flat floor ie magnum actros tga xxl volvoxl :laughing:

V8KARLV8:
Your old Scania was obviously not a streamline or a 143 if the power in the Daf was immense compared to it :laughing: :laughing:

No, you’re right. It’s crud, but it’s home for half the week. :wink:

Jonah:
eh lostpup how new was this daf cuz ive never seen one with a flat floor ie magnum actros tga xxl volvoxl :laughing:

Was an 02 plate. Actually there was a small engine hump, but nowt compared to a Scanny.