Contracts Help!

Hi does anyone know how to get any direct contracts with a curtain sider or profitable work. I work on containers and it is not profitable as from my previous topic. Any work which is is available in or around Birmingham using a Scania. I am desperate for new contract as boxes have gone really quiet now.

the best way to find out is pick up the phone and ask or go in and see potential customers. they might say no but sooner or later one will say yes if you offer them what they,re looking for,…good luck

I guess the guaranteed way of work is to go thru the freight forwarders, but you may be leaving yourself open to just gettin your wheels turning, which will put you in same position as you are now.
There’s a guy on here that is a freight forwarder.
But the way forward is just to pick up the phone , to other hauliers and businesses. It’ll be daunting, and it’ll take you a few attempts to nail your script and get yourself across as you want to be presented, but it’s as obvious as that. Pm me if you want my experiences

As a driver for Maxi Haulage i have heard that they are looking for Sub-Contract units out of the Warwick area. hope this helps and good luck.