Contract merry go round

Stobarts have won back Britvic contract after just 12 months, so much for Wincanton winning a 5 year contract.

Not the first time in recent history that Wincanton have lost/handed back these long term contract wins.

Wincanton obviously have ballsed it up. Took on more than they could chew.

Saying you’d rather use Stobarts than Wincanton, is like saying you’d rather drown than burn to death. :smiley:
Same sort of up their own arse type balls up merchants, as each other I reckon.

robroy:
Saying you’d rather use Stobarts than Wincanton, is like saying you’d rather drown than burn to death. :smiley:

I hear what…

You’re saying but, what’s the alternative? In the old day it was BRS. I hate the whole ‘logistics’ thing as much as you do but, these firms have grown because of demand for their services.

Wincanton was the only firm I ever ran down to Magna Park empty from Leeds and returned back to Leeds with an empty (no it was’nt to collect trailers for service or MOTs). That’s planning bollox on an epic scale.

yourhavingalarf:

robroy:

I hear what…

You’re saying but, what’s the alternative? In the old day it was BRS. I hate the whole ‘logistics’ thing as much as you do but, these firms have grown because of demand for their services.

Wincanton was the only firm I ever ran down to Magna Park empty from Leeds and returned back to Leeds with an empty (no it was’nt to collect trailers for service or MOTs). That’s planning bollox on an epic scale.

Not your problems, your paid to drive not think, that’s what pointy shoes are for,so us dumb driver’s don’t have to think, just imagine what would happen if driver’s with sense did planning, doesn’t bear thinking about.

I think wincanton releied heavily on downtons for the britvic Leeds work,
Probably not an ideal situation I know downton got a lot of drivers to work there

biggriffin:
Not your problems, your paid to drive not think, that’s what pointy shoes are for,so us dumb driver’s don’t have to think, just imagine what would happen if driver’s with sense did planning, doesn’t bear thinking about.

Oh absolutely…

I couldn’t give a monkeys if it’s loaded or empty I get paid the same. If they can’t plan properly why should I care? (and I don’t)

It was an example of the stupidity that goes on with these so called logistics experts.

yourhavingalarf:

biggriffin:

Oh absolutely…

I couldn’t give a monkeys if it’s loaded or empty I get paid the same. If they can’t plan properly why should I care? (and I don’t)

It was an example of the stupidity that goes on with these so called logistics experts.

It was the same on Norberts/XPO, drivers going up loaded and returning with an empty trailer while other drivers went up empty and came back with a loaded one… their logic was “we’re a bit quiet so it gives you something to do”. We must have been quiet a lot as this went on for years!

Bit like Poundland used to do,run 4 trunks to Birkenhead docks with full deckers for Ireland and bobtail back,then send 4 drivers Bobtail to Birkenhead to collect 4 trailers of cardboard and empty cages,new gaffer soon put a stop to it tho lol.