Contract Hire with Maintenance

So I am reading some posts on here and musing about the idea of taking a lease with maintenance but of course it’s Saturday night and nowhere is open and I am struggling to find a website with information on costs.

Can anyone give me a steer please.

You won’t find a web site with costs I wouldn’t have thought, you just need to ring the dealers & get each to quote you, this will detail what’s included.

or someone like Alltruck or Ryder (other truck rental companies are available)

£300 per week for a used merc on lease, MAN are a similar price.

Cold Up North:
£300 per week for a used merc on lease, MAN are a similar price.

Thanks

Does that include maintenance ?

Yes, look in the back of commercial motor, there is an offer in there most weeks

Cold Up North:
Yes, look in the back of commercial motor, there is an offer in there most weeks

Thanks for that I’ll check it out.

If it is any help to you this is what I was paying through Scania Rental (truckeast).
For a 18 mnth old topline R470 (at the time this was a 06) I was paying £380 per week VAT included. All services done (ha ha) MOT and prep work. Road tax.

This was going back 4 years odd. My scania was one hell of a motor but because it was a rental everytime it went into the dealership it was treated as if it had the plague!. The work was shoddy at best. The amount of arguments I had with them is to many to list.

So, i think it is the case of rolling the dice and hope you chosse a winner. I would like to think there not all this bad. :open_mouth:

OVERLOAD:
If it is any help to you this is what I was paying through Scania Rental (truckeast).
For a 18 mnth old topline R470 (at the time this was a 06) I was paying £380 per week VAT included. All services done (ha ha) MOT and prep work. Road tax.

This was going back 4 years odd. My scania was one hell of a motor but because it was a rental everytime it went into the dealership it was treated as if it had the plague!. The work was shoddy at best. The amount of arguments I had with them is to many to list.

So, i think it is the case of rolling the dice and hope you chosse a winner. I would like to think there not all this bad. :open_mouth:

personally, i think that is just the same as the full R&M contracts on sale vehicles, it is surprising how little needs doing whilst the vehicle is on the contract, but, then how much needs doing when it comes off contract :open_mouth:

Totally agree with your reply shuttlespanker. One of the tricks Scania rentals tried to play on me was to give me trucks with slight defects i.e small scratch to the door and then when I would put it back it was suddenly a HUGE scratch much much worser then when they gave it to me. They tried to bill me for a paint job etc. That was the start of the end for me and truckeast!!! :imp:

When I bought my truck from them and took it away from their spanner monkies the indepedant garage ask me who had been doing my servicing. I said…well scania they said…thought so… Please explain I said my heart sinking anger rising. Upshot of it all was, certain filters hadn’t been changed when they should have been. They wanted to put on all new mud flaps when all one needed was a bit tied to the other. The bloody great Leaf spring which was snapped in half they didn’t see. Need I say more… :slight_smile:

The friends which we all so love who drive around in ford galaxys told me once that there bosses like to see small operators using main dealerships for maintance as it gurantees good service…what a load of ■■■■! :open_mouth:

I video tape closely anything I collect on rental before leaving particularly the tyres as its one of my pet hates, paying for someone else’s damage.

Chris-J:
So I am reading some posts on here and musing about the idea of taking a lease with maintenance but of course it’s Saturday night and nowhere is open and I am struggling to find a website with information on costs.

Can anyone give me a steer please.

Hi Chris, I may be able to help out if your still looking, please feel free to PM me.

BR

Truckntrailerman

Not everyone is a rip-off merchant. Small is beautiful