Contract Hire - Ops Lease

I am surprised that there aren’t better deals out there at the moment for trucks.

I am in the market for 7/8 tractors and am being quoted stupid money for 5 year contract hire deals. :open_mouth:

I know hire/manufacturers had it good for a long time but you’d think they’d be more than happy to get a good deal in the current climate without still wanting to get the most out of you! :unamused:

For example, what would you expect as a monthly charge for a 5yr contact hire with R&M (No tyres) on a Volvo FM 6x2 sleeper 440 iShift (or similar?) :question:

Happy Badger:
I am surprised that there aren’t better deals out there at the moment for trucks.

I am in the market for 7/8 tractors and am being quoted stupid money for 5 year contract hire deals. :open_mouth:

I know hire/manufacturers had it good for a long time but you’d think they’d be more than happy to get a good deal in the current climate without still wanting to get the most out of you! :unamused:

For example, what would you expect as a monthly charge for a 5yr contact hire with R&M (No tyres) on a Volvo FM 6x2 sleeper 440 iShift (or similar?) :question:

I should say around £1200 per month, I’ve just been quoted over 80k for a 6x2 rear lift FH13 500 & 72k for a 4 axle semi low loader, you would think these manufacturers would be trying there hardest @ the moment,

According to the Scania dealership where i park, they wont drop the price of new trucks, due to the fact that they are selling so many trucks in other parts of the world, whether that filters down to leasing/contract hiring etc, remains to be seen.

jimmy2loads:
According to the Scania dealership where i park, they wont drop the price of new trucks, due to the fact that they are selling so many trucks in other parts of the world, whether that filters down to leasing/contract hiring etc, remains to be seen.

& there was I believing Gordon Brown telling me it was a “GLOBAL” downturn!!!

sorry for pushing in on this post but when leasing say you took a deal over over 4 years what would happen if things went wrong after 2 and you had to call it a day what happens to the truck and what have you then got to pay

Yes, its got stupid.

Go and hire from a grateful hire company who will give a good deal, good service etc.

Been in the game 40 years, bought/leased/contract hired hundreds of tractor units and
I can’t believe the crap they are laying in front of me as quotes.

Just returned 20 odd MAN TGA XXL’s 440 6x2’s off lease - 2 years old.

They were 1200 quid per month from MAN, no tyres or tax, full R&M.

Their quote to replace? Wait for it - 2300 a month over 2 years, 1935 over 3 years.

According to the salesman they ain’t getting rid of any - I WONDER WHY■■?

As I said time to hire, or buy from auction when some poor bugger’s gone ■■■■ up!

K

lee mat:
sorry for pushing in on this post but when leasing say you took a deal over over 4 years what would happen if things went wrong after 2 and you had to call it a day what happens to the truck and what have you then got to pay

It depends on what you put into the deal regarding early termination of the trucks contract but generally if you think there is a possibility of that happening you shouldn’t commit.

I have put something in usually based on significant downturn in business etc; so early termination is not so much of an issue but you’ll still have the return costs! (Doubt I’d be able to do that again!)

fly sheet:

Happy Badger:

I should say around £1200 per month, I’ve just been quoted over 80k for a 6x2 rear lift FH13 500 & 72k for a 4 axle semi low loader, you would think these manufacturers would be trying there hardest @ the moment,

Nowhere need £1200!!! That’s what I thought but they are quoting ~£1500!!! Obviously not getting rid of any so trying to screw those who are buying them. :imp:

Anyone offering ~£1200 let me know…

Happy Badger:

fly sheet:

Happy Badger:

Nowhere need £1200!!! That’s what I thought but they are quoting ~£1500!!! Obviously not getting rid of any so trying to screw those who are buying them. :imp:

Have you tried Kel-Berg :question:

Got a sales brochure from them last month and the con-hire deals for artics looked competitive,
ask for Simon if you ring them.

Will try Kel-Berg, thanks for the lead! :wink:

Cheapest so far is Renault; but it’s a Renault!! :frowning:

Happy Badger:

with a little help from Sweden :wink:

anyway I can’t be the only one on here buying one, I need someone to take a share in the ■■■■ taking :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Happy Badger:

I have yet to hear a bad report about the new Renault Premiums :exclamation: :neutral_face:
With them now having a complete Volvo driveline surely that cant be a bad thing :question: :sunglasses:

Happy Badger:

fly sheet:

Happy Badger:

Sent you a PM, if it’s of any interest to you let me know.

Big Truck:

Happy Badger:

I have yet to hear a bad report about the new Renault Premiums :exclamation: :neutral_face:
With them now having a complete Volvo driveline surely that cant be a bad thing :question: :sunglasses:

Yes, that has improved them, but they are expensive and things drop off! (and whatever it is, it’s expensive! :imp: ) Service agents are an issue especially location in my case as they closed the nearest dealer. :cry: I’ve got some and we have ear marked their return date for a bit of a party! :wink:

I don’t normally talk to Badger Baiters but thanks for the PM! :wink: