Continuum software

Hello to all,

Does anybody have any experience of Continuum software used for driver analysis, I have been asked to sign up to it by my company. This has come off the back of cab cameras being installed overnight with no communication given.

I’m interested what the software is all about.

Thank you

tt3773:
Hello to all,

Does anybody have any experience of Continuum software used for driver analysis, I have been asked to sign up to it by my company. This has come off the back of cab cameras being installed overnight with no communication given.

I’m interested what the software is all about.

Thank you

Surely you would have asked for more information from the company you work for that have had cab cameras installed? As to why you need to sign up for it, how your data is handled etc.

I can’t even find anything that would remotely be to do with in cab cameras under that name online.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

With a bit more digging online I assume it is this

thettcgroup.com/driver-risk … continuum/

Never heard of that system before myself tbh.

I haven’t had chance to question anything about it yet, just had an email from continuum stating my company has requested me to sign up, this was after work. We are also due to receive smart phones soon, could be part of that.

simcor:

That’s the one yes

tt3773:

simcor:

That’s the one yes

Then it depends which part/s of the software suite they intend to use. Then again I see no reason for you to have to sign up for them, using tachomaster apps which is similar the company gives you a user log in and passcode to access said apps.

simcor:

tt3773:

simcor:

That’s the one yes

Then it depends which part/s of the software suite they intend to use. Then again I see no reason for you to have to sign up for them, using tachomaster apps which is similar the company gives you a user log in and passcode to access said apps.

Doesn’t look like tachomaster to me, more like telematics. Yuk, run a mile away if you can?

The company online brochure although listing all services is still a little vague, yes telematics, online learning are part of the services offered.

We are being persecuted unmercifully of late with various changes

stu675:

simcor:

tt3773:

simcor:

That’s the one yes

Doesn’t look like tachomaster to me, more like telematics. Yuk, run a mile away if you can?

Instead of trying to prove someone wrong all the time try adding something useful to the discussion.
I never said it was exactly like tachomaster, tachomaster does software suite of apps some of which do much the same as the software the OP mentioned. But as I said it’s not something which requires you to personally sign up to. The company gives you your login credentials for those types of apps.

They are obviously using this company and expecting drivers to willingly sign up for it, so they can avoid half their responsibilities like GDPR etc. I’d be asking a multitude of questions before agreeing to anything. Having said that I’d also be leaving most likely, dependent upon the actual job the money and whether it is worth working there even with in cab cameras, there would be limited circumstances where I would continue working for a company that had driver facing cameras.

simcor:

stu675:

simcor:

tt3773:

simcor:

That’s the one yes

Instead of trying to prove someone wrong all the time try adding something useful to the discussion.
I never said it was exactly like tachomaster, tachomaster does software suite of apps some of which do much the same as the software the OP mentioned. But as I said it’s not something which requires you to personally sign up to. The company gives you your login credentials for those types of apps.

They are obviously using this company and expecting drivers to willingly sign up for it, so they can avoid half their responsibilities like GDPR etc. I’d be asking a multitude of questions before agreeing to anything. Having said that I’d also be leaving most likely, dependent upon the actual job the money and whether it is worth working there even with in cab cameras, there would be limited circumstances where I would continue working for a company that had driver facing cameras.

Apologies, I should have never mentioned tachomaster.

It looks more like telematics to me. Yuk, run a mile away if you can?

I use TTC Continuum (The Licence Bureau, as it was formally known)

Basically, the operator is required to do regular licence checks; this is mandatory for the operator and mandatory for the driver to comply, it’s not an option and you should find this in the employment contract.

DVSA have now decided that this needs to be done every three months.

Signing up to this allows the operator to have it automatically scheduled. It also allows the driver to do their own licence checks using the permissions given to the software system.

Refusing to sign up to it will just mean that the operator will be forced to require you authorize a licence check for them via the usual ‘request a code’ route. My client has all drivers in the company signed up to it, from the company owner to the weighbridge guy who does a little bit of running around in a 3.5T’er, and myself, even though i’m their external TM. It’s no big deal.

EDIT: this has nothing to do with in-cab cameras or company’s issuing smart phones, my guys don’t have those things and we use this system. And no one avoids any GDPR requirements by using this, there aren’t any “get outs” for GDPR, just like there are no get outs for HASAWA either.