continental work

Hey all. I havent driven for a few years now and when I did drive it was mainly container work but Ive always wanted to get into european work. The trouble is most companies wont consider you without previous experience and the difficulties begin. Im looking for any advice from experienced drivers about how to get my foot even part way in the door. Any and all advice will be appreciated… Cheers Mick.

You can try Heritage in Dover…or Kingbrook, Dover… They will give you a start…especially as they cannot
get drivers… Check the conditions, pay etc carefully so your FULLY aware though.

Euro work may involve being away for weeks away or months away, apart from Channel hopping, which means being home at night or at the weekend.
The novelty soon wears off when you are the only Englishman in a motorway services or truck stop ,surrounded by about 300 Eastern European drivers that start their engines all day and night on your 45 hours weekly rest.
They do this to charge their batteries.
The positives are free Lgv parking, more respect for drivers, and better food.
The negatives are telephone number sized road side court deposits, that must be paid in full and argue the toss later.
S&K cover Belgium, home weekends, or Euro work , away a few weeks.
They are based in Barry South Wales.
If you live near Sealane transport , near Dover, a call to them .
Alcaline near Dover, another to try.
All the European haulage is done by EE firms now.
To see all of Europe and TIR countries, try Waberers transport, Hungary.
Or UK to Turkey, try Mars and Ekol.

You could try looking for removals companies that do europe, it does involve a fair bit of graft, and for that reason it’s not as popular as sitting on your arse all day dragging a fridge around, so it can be a lot easier to get into.

Try the concert tour firms such as Stage truck,Fly by nite,Edwin Shirley, Trans am, Redburn transfer, busy now with Summer festivals.
Glastonbury is not far away.
Insight ltd at Inkberrow do Spain and Gibraltar.
Ralph Davies at Cheltenham does a bit of European work.
Brian Yeardley has left hand drive trucks,Italy and Spain for Adr or non Adr general haulage, and exhibitions or concert transport.