Continental tyres

Tyres
I’m looking for People that have CONTINENTAL tyres fitted to the front steering axel.

Anyone have this brand fitted to a truck they drive please reply so I can ask further details

It must be CONTINENTAL TYRES though and only the ones on the FRONT AXLE

Thanks Nick

fir what reasons nick? maybe you give a little more info really to what you want to ask? IE do you find thr tyres to wobble etc??

globby 480:
fir what reasons nick? maybe you give a little more info really to what you want to ask? IE do you find thr tyres to wobble etc??

No Globby we run 99% on conti’s and have noticed they al wear in the same place outside edge it cant be tracking as its over the whole fleet.
Had a Tyre fitter say it could be shocks but again we have a mxed fleet Scannies Merc’s Daf’s so that’s not it. I just wonder if anyone else has the same prob I’ve got pic’s to up load later.

All our M A N tga 6x2 have Continental’s on the front and mid lift axle with Bandvaluc on the drive and all trailer axles,they wear out badly on the outer edge too

nick2008:

globby 480:

No Globby we run 99% on conti’s and have noticed they al wear in the same place outside edge it cant be tracking as its over the whole fleet.
Had a Tyre fitter say it could be shocks but again we have a mxed fleet Scannies Merc’s Daf’s so that’s not it. I just wonder if anyone else has the same prob I’ve got pic’s to up load later.

Is this on a 6x2 ? I’m betting it is.

Ive got Contis on front and middle lift axle, all fitted about 2 to 3 months ago. Seem OK at the moment.

Used to have Conti’s on the drive axle put wore a set out in less than 12 months doing lots of farm work. Swapped to chunky Bridgestones …much better and dont spin as much.

na we dont run big kit Dafmad give em another set of wheels and they think it auto tyre changer :laughing:

See how they all wear on the outside edge. It dont matter if its on the left or right they wear on the edge to about 1inch in

Every Continental truck tyre I’ve seen has always looked like that :confused: I just assumed it was the way it was designed.

Had Continental tyres on my car before and they were rubbish, understeer all over the place in the wet.

toowise:
Used to have Conti’s on the drive axle put wore a set out in less than 12 months doing lots of farm work. Swapped to chunky Bridgestones …much better and dont spin as much.

Thats partly why we took the conti’s off our drive axles,that and the conti’s kept loosing big chunks of tread when we started to lose traction on crap farm lanes :open_mouth:

my boss tried a set of contis on the front axle of my truck and they did same with me, even turned em twice n only lasted about 10 months, dunlops were worse they lasted 8 months, now had pirrelis on front axle for last three months and not a mark on em so far, got double coins on second steer they seem to be lasting as had em on for 18 months, on the drive axle i have firestones and the are doing great, they been on for 19 months and still have 3mm of tread left on them and no chunks out of em