Continental Advice for Newbie

:smiley: hi Guys,
Been driving for my firm for a couple of months since passing my C+E doing night trunking. really easy no worries even with the diversions etc, no probs navigating etc. :open_mouth: Been offered a job going to Belgium and back twice a week going with full load and comin back with the same. I have driven on the continent in a car but never in a truck. I consider myself to be a good driver in a car, van etc but very much a beginner in an artic, however I am getting alot more confident as my reversing is better, and to me driving forward is no more difficult than in a rigid. However I Passed my test in summer, driven in summer and experienced no more than heavy rain and bad british car drivers :exclamation:

The Continental run is more money, but Im not sure if it will be too much for me as I am so new to this.
Please tell me what you would do in my situation, My boss considers me competent but has left the decision to me.

Thank for your help in advance :smiley:

Do it!!! :smiley:

Belguim isn’t far over the water anyway and if your boss thinks you are capable why shouldn’t you think the same.
If you company already are doing the run maybe ask to run with an experienced hand on the first trip to see what the job’s all about.

But don’t turn it down without giving it a go.
:wink:

I have only recently passed my test and after doing a couple of weeks on the agency i have landed a full time job doing europe and im now 4 weeks in and absolutely loving it so my advice is go for it

Go for it!!

go for it ,take a look at the euro forum and read up on the posts as regards
euro-vingette ,traffic rules etc,remember NO SMOKEING in the lorry in BELGIUM; NO overtakeing on two lane roads,NO overtakeing in the RAIN;
ALSO MAKE SURE THAT THE cmr IS CORRECTLY filled out ;GET one of the drivers or the TM to show you,

you will enjoy it and it is completely different to the UK driveing ,
and questions post them on the euro forum and people will answer to help you out, ALL THE BEST AND HAVE FUN