Containers

Never done containers so excuse the possible silly question. Looking at a Job earlier. This came up.

All applicants must be registered to work off the terminals of UK container ports.

What does that mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need a rhides card for Felixstowe that you register for on your first visit,some other ports you get inducted and get a card,
Some you don’t need a card,
Steaightforward really and containers is the best job ever it’s a doddle

yorkshire terrier:
You need a rhides card for Felixstowe that you register for on your first visit,some other ports you get inducted and get a card,
Some you don’t need a card,
Steaightforward really and containers is the best job ever it’s a doddle

Lovely stuff. Cheers thank you

You need to be “adopted” by your company. So unless you’re an owner driver and set up a vbs (vehicle booking system) account, you can’t get one without a job. You can get one for London Gateway as an individual but they’re something like £30. But if you’re attached to a company with a vbs account they’re free

OVLOV JAY:
You need to be “adopted” by your company. So unless you’re an owner driver and set up a vbs (vehicle booking system) account, you can’t get one without a job. You can get one for London Gateway as an individual but they’re something like £30. But if you’re attached to a company with a vbs account they’re free

Was wondering a while back, is the Gateway card portable, in the same way as the RHIDES card, ei your new employer registers the card on there PoF account :question:

Southampton is easy, you go online watch a video, answer 12 questions about the video and then print of your window permit or get the boss to print and laminate your window permit.

I understand now that you have to pay for a card at Seaforth :open_mouth: I haven’t been there for about 2 years so that’s only hear say :wink:

barber90:
Never done containers so excuse the possible silly question. Looking at a Job earlier. This came up.

All applicants must be registered to work off the terminals of UK container ports.

What does that mean?

Might be around about way of finding out what experience you have, without asking the question direct :wink:

eddie snax:

OVLOV JAY:

Was wondering a while back, is the Gateway card portable, in the same way as the RHIDES card, ei your new employer registers the card on there PoF account :question:

Southampton is easy, you go online watch a video, answer 12 questions about the video and then print of your window permit or get the boss to print and laminate your window permit.

I understand now that you have to pay for a card at Seaforth :open_mouth: I haven’t been there for about 2 years so that’s only hear say :wink:

My understanding is the Gateway card is yours and should work with a different company. Just a free way of getting it initially through the firm. Felixstowe want to know who you work for when you pick a box up, hence company adoption. Although that information is already available through the vbs :confused:

Well said company aren’t even emailing back but at least I’ve learnt something new