Containers job.?GOod or bad?

was offered from some agency do container job for Goldstar.??what plus ,minus in this job???How quet to this job at January-february■■?

It is a Marmite job.You either hate it or love it.It takes five hours or more to unload a handball load.
Then some exotic loads have to be fumigated for insects.
Venting for paint or varnish fumes to escape.
A good rear door lock is needed.
Nobody can cut open the sides of a box so you can park anywhere.
There are 20feet long boxes and 40 feet long boxes and high volume 45 feet long boxes.
For 20 feet boxes you must shrink the skeletal trailer.
Take a push bike to get away from the lorry while they unload it.

a mate of mine worked for them seemed happy enough away all week. not sure on the money and doesnt everywhere go quiet in january?

Try contacting Goldstar direct via the contact details on their website, you may be offered a better rate than the agency pay. I previously worked freelance for them a couple of years ago and they would rather have drivers they could use direct instead of through agencies.

Pluses…easy enough and very little, if any load interaction.
Minuses. Lots of waiting for cranes, tips. Some seemingly poinless journeys.

war1974:
doesnt everywhere go quiet in january?

I don’t think so, fridges keep me going all year round.

No two days are the same on boxes.Remote places in the middle of nowhere loading for anywhere in the world.
There are numerous yards all over the UK , where you drop empty boxes or collect a loaded one.
Gen sets are generators that fit on the front to power a fridge.
One job i did was full blood.
Bolt seals secure the load and the number on them matches up with the paper work.
Any depot that receives boxes will have bolt croppers.
Do not have your own bolt croppers.
They look like giant scissors.
When collecting a box,from the port, be carefull that it may be top heavy and over turn.

they offer me 130 per day.it is tramping.and said who they supply drivers and after one week company give some contract.i believe and not.can see later.■■?

toby1234abc:
It is a Marmite job.You either hate it or love it.It takes five hours or more to unload a handball load.
Then some exotic loads have to be fumigated for insects.
Venting for paint or varnish fumes to escape.
A good rear door lock is needed.
Nobody can cut open the sides of a box so you can park anywhere.
There are 20feet long boxes and 40 feet long boxes and high volume 45 feet long boxes.
For 20 feet boxes you must shrink the skeletal trailer.
Take a push bike to get away from the lorry while they unload it.

where you keep bike all the time■■?

Strapped to the back of the cab, or under the wind deflector.

OK, racist and off topic posts removed :unamused:

back to the subject in the OP please guys :wink:

The bike front wheel is taken off.Then stow the frame on the passenger seat with or without the back wheel attached.
Push the seat back so not to interfere with the vision.
Another option is tieing the bike to the inside of the side guard on the trailer.
When a container is empty ,store the bike inside.

I travel with my bike every day, too many in the current yard that can’t leave things alone, I just flip up the passenger seat & put it on the bunk. Couple of bits of para cord to tie it off all secure. Come sleep time it goes in the passenger footwell, plenty room in an actros & a Volvo 460, not so much in the MAN or DAF, don’t know about renaults or Scania.