Containers agencey in glasgow

Hi does anybody know of any agenceys in glasgow or nearby who does container work. Thanks guys

All of them. And if your looking for work, forget it. Work is dead, chatting to the driver next to me about it. If your looking for full time try A&D in johnstone if you don’t have a short temper.

They are looking for drivers.

nearly there:
Hi does anybody know of any agenceys in glasgow or nearby who does container work. Thanks guys

There’s not a great deal of container work in Glasgow. Spectrum are the agency for Freightliner in Coatbridge.

Many of the small container companys about Glasgow don’t use agencys and pay a low hourly rate to there fulltime drivers.

A & D logistics is a real option for a perm job as stagedriver said as there always busy, involved with the booming whisky trade. But a very low hourly rate £7.50 and 70hr weeks.

I am not sure if Spectrum is agency worth recommending to anyone…

orys:
I am not sure if Spectrum is agency worth recommending to anyone…

I agree. Im not recomending them. Was just saying if you want in at freightliner it’s spectrum is all. :slight_smile:

Not sure why the op wants container work in Glasgow, but would be better phoning the container companys rather than agency’s. Most container work in scotchlands done in Grangemouth. Duncan Adams or john mitchell, easy enough to get a job with cos there rubbish payers. Target recruitment who supply exclusive to DA and JM would be a better bet at better wages and variety of work.

Thanks guys ill give it a miss

Target is dead just now - ive even resorted to shunting…

Avoid Duncan Adams, your licence is worth more.

pavaroti:

nearly there:
A & D logistics is a real option for a perm job as stagedriver said as there always busy, involved with the booming whisky trade. But a very low hourly rate £7.50 and 70hr weeks.

Lads/Pavaroti - what’s the working week at A & D Logistics? Is it Monday to Friday?

And what are they like to work for?

Thanks.

(I turned down a good job on the containers five years ago at John Russells! How times have changed! :open_mouth: )

A&D are…difficult.

I refuse to work for them lets put it that way. Working week can be anything - nights out are a must.

On one hand you get your own Volvo but you’ll soon be bored of the repetition and the transport office are beyond belief…

stagedriver:
A&D are…difficult.

I refuse to work for them lets put it that way. Working week can be anything - nights out are a must.

On one hand you get your own Volvo but you’ll soon be bored of the repetition and the transport office are beyond belief…

Yep, I’ve never heard a good word about them down the years. Thought that might have changed, but obviously things haven’t changed.

Cheers bud!

I’ll not be knocking on their door.

stagedriver:

Yeah quite ironic as my old man worked for them for a few years betwwen 1995 and 2000 and they used to be one of the better companies to work for in the Central belt area. On the pay front I don’t tink the pay has ever been excellent, but back then it was competitve and you got a good night-out rate, your own truck, decent enough kit, all parking etc paid for.

The job was decent and morale amongst drivers was good. It was probably difficult to get a job with them at that point.

To the present day and it’s a bit of a contrast (probably down to economic and local industry conditions in recent years), lot’s of young or old agency drivers doing long hours for average pay, not much tramping work (think there is only a handful of drivers going down south regular) and a trailer fleet that hasn’t seen much investment in recent years. Not to mention the last time i was in there, the boy incharge of the garage can’t be long out of his apprenticeship!

dave_k:

stagedriver:

Yeah quite ironic as my old man worked for them for a few years betwwen 1995 and 2000 and they used to be one of the better companies to work for in the Central belt area. On the pay front I don’t tink the pay has ever been excellent, but back then it was competitve and you got a good night-out rate, your own truck, decent enough kit, all parking etc paid for.

The job was decent and morale amongst drivers was good. It was probably difficult to get a job with them at that point.

To the present day and it’s a bit of a contrast (probably down to economic and local industry conditions in recent years), lot’s of young or old agency drivers doing long hours for average pay, not much tramping work (think there is only a handful of drivers going down south regular) and a trailer fleet that hasn’t seen much investment in recent years. Not to mention the last time i was in there, the boy incharge of the garage can’t be long out of his apprenticeship!

In their defence they have won trailer fleet of the year for a few years in a row :smiley:

A &D IN JOHNSTONE ? u are having a laff ,are n"t u ? i worked 4 them years ago, great interview ! this was going to be the BEST EVER job! then quickly realised why the A&D stands for "ANT & DEC " and i got the classic “there"s 10 guys in here every day looking 4 a job , if u don"t like it , u know where the door is” which i did, right there and then . obviusly wasn"t 4 me , but maybe my face simply did not fit.

While we are on the subject of containers in Glasgow, does anyone know if Cardiff Bros are still on the go? Haven’t seen any trucks for a while now.

damoq:
While we are on the subject of containers in Glasgow, does anyone know if Cardiff Bros are still on the go? Haven’t seen any trucks for a while now.

The ones which used to be in Rutherglen? I think they are now next to new M80 near ■■■■■■■■■■■■ on the other end of the same estate where Irn Bru is. I was there few weeks ago, and I saw some truck being loaded with container there…

orys:

damoq:

The ones which used to be in Rutherglen? I think they are now next to new M80 near ■■■■■■■■■■■■ on the other end of the same estate where Irn Bru is. I was there few weeks ago, and I saw some truck being loaded with container there…

Thats the one. I know they moved to Westfield to make way for the new M74 but i can’t remember the last time i seen one of their trucks on the road. I still see the Carson Lifting Equipment trucks though, which was a company started by Cardiff Bros when he bought over another company called Samuel Walker Engineering i think. Might be wrong though.