Containers abroad

I may have a job coming up that involves moving a container from the UK to Holland.

Having never worked with containers before can someone please tell me the running height of a standard skeletal trailer with a 8’6" container on top.

Also is it possible to move the larger mega containers in EU countries while remaining no more than 4m high. If so please say how.

Thanks alot

it’s possible to move hi-cube (9’ 6") containers in europe… by using low ride equipment giving tailer bed height of 1.10-1.15m, or on an extendible semi-low (stepframe flat) with twistlocks

For a Standard ish UK skelly like a Dennison with a typical UK spec unit and 5th wheel work on 13’6" for a standard box and add another foot for a high cube.

I know the dutch/belgiuns get a a standard box down below 4m but looking at there kit the trailers are set up differently and the 5th wheel is usually running way lower than we tend to have them.

I’m not involved with containers these days but I have noticed a lot of NYK boxes on dutch motors recently around the M25.

Cheers
Neilf