containerlift

This company is advertising in the Manchester evening news today for class one drivers , no hours or nights out mentioned,but a salary of £35-38k a year. Seems over the top in comparison to the current rate. I wonder if there’s a hidden agenda here.

About right including your overtime and night out money really.

Post a link to where it says £35k? when they advertise in Southampton it’s £6.65 an hour :exclamation:

Sound about right for them

As when done my ADR course there was 1 of there driers on same course & they had come out with that if not more in said year & previous

I worked there for a long time on the sidelifters, used to be a really good job until they had a change of management. I’d rather stay on the dole than go back there. If you like long hrs and weekends away it’ll suit you. If you don’t achieve 8.5mpg they discipline you.

Volvohead1:
I worked there for a long time on the sidelifters, used to be a really good job until they had a change of management. I’d rather stay on the dole than go back there. If you like long hrs and weekends away it’ll suit you. If you don’t achieve 8.5mpg they discipline you.

How do you not achieve 8.5mpg, I have never got it that low 9.6 is my worst and that was fully loaded from Lincs - North East London -Central London on multi drops - South West London - Lutterworth - Litchfield - Lincs over 2 days over 90% of the time I was loaded too.

NewLad:

Volvohead1:

How do you not achieve 8.5mpg, I have never got it that low 9.6 is my worst and that was fully loaded from Lincs - North East London -Central London on multi drops - South West London - Lutterworth - Litchfield - Lincs over 2 days over 90% of the time I was loaded too.

Boxes ain’t exactly aerodynamic and pto for the hydraulics doesn’t run on fairy dust

ahhh ok mate I only done reefers and our Mercs will so 13-15 if empty so good on fuel