Container work in Scotland

Anybody know what these companies do I am starting training tomorrow in Grangemouth for the container terminal deliveries .Anybody break down a days work ?

Good luck if its Duncan Adams. I was offered £100 an hour to go in there and kicked it back. Nuff said.

If your training with someone you’ll be fine.

Start your shift
Get box on at yard/dock
Go to delivery
Sleep for 8 hours
Drive back to yard

You’ll soon get fed up with it.

Training? Its a truck and trailer. Other than that its a twist lock on each corner. Unless its a 20 or 30 foot box in which case you have to put the red line on the other connector to shorten the trailer for tipping and lengthen for driving. Piece of cake

Yeah but there’s teaching what to do in the docks and stuff. Toots on the horn with the machines etc

Who are you going to be working with?? I work for John Mitchell’s but not on the container side.

stagedriver:
Good luck if its Duncan Adams. I was offered £100 an hour to go in there and kicked it back. Nuff said.

If your training with someone you’ll be fine.

Start your shift
Get box on at yard/dock
Go to delivery
Sleep for 8 hours
Drive back to yard

You’ll soon get fed up with it.

£100 an hour, i’d drive the oldst pile of [zb] in duncans fleet if he wer paying that hourly rate

its John Mitchells that i do the occasional shift for. i have done a few shifts for the rival on the docks but got banned for being cheeky after politely asking them to ban me. they wouldnt ban me when i asked but banned me after for asking to be banned :laughing:

scanny77:
Training? Its a truck and trailer. Other than that its a twist lock on each corner. Unless its a 20 or 30 foot box in which case you have to put the red line on the other connector to shorten the trailer for tipping and lengthen for driving. Piece of cake

Ah, that’s were you failed the training, there not all like that any more.

scanny77:
its John Mitchells that i do the occasional shift for. i have done a few shifts for the rival on the docks but got banned for being cheeky after politely asking them to ban me. they wouldnt ban me when i asked but banned me after for asking to be banned :laughing:

I’v probably seen you cutting about the yard, I drive one of the Thornbridge units.

might even have had a blether in the office. i dont go in there very often. i work with iceland or booker in livingston although last night was my last shift for a couple of weeks there. new assignments coming up and ADR didnt get a look in so i need a cooling off period to go back in with blue arrow. i will be going on to the brand new double deckers next month and its an ongoing contract so i wont be working anywhere else. gotta go where the money is these days