Container Trucks

I know this isn’t to everybody taste.But I prefer Container wagons than any other so please stick a few pictures and if there is a box on all the better :smiley:

my old beast !!

Few of my old rides;

Hi mate, is that parked up at Rattlesden airfield near Stowmarket, delivering tea to the Eniti warehouse there by any chance?

the ones i have in photobucket

new skelly i collected in belgium

:unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: idiot!!

thats all i have in that account, hope they are of interest

could he not see a big red truck in his mirror and i bet he was well impressed with you standing taking pics …mat

CRAIG D:
could he not see a big red truck in his mirror and i bet he was well impressed with you standing taking pics …mat

i was stealth picture taking :wink: , bless zoom lenses!

few from www.big-geo.com

u on for spanky mate ?

no mark, Keith just did a weeks work as holiday cover when SWraith was off, that was the truck he was driving at the time :wink:

Paulson:

Hi mate, is that parked up at Rattlesden airfield near Stowmarket, delivering tea to the Eniti warehouse there by any chance?

Hi mate, I was at a place called Jelly Warehousing in West Wickham nr Haverhill. Can’t remember what the load was but it took a good few hours to tip.

shuttlespanker:
no mark, Keith just did a weeks work as holiday cover when SWraith was off, that was the truck he was driving at the time :wink:

yeah, what he said :slight_smile:

DCB TRANSPORT:

Is it just my eyes or do most of the container lorries shown here have quite high trailer chassis? When looking for example the topline in picture above, it looks like it’s DC container is approximately as much above the cab as HC container was above FH Globe cab (not XL) I drove last summer (picture below).

the reason for that is the top one you have pictured (with the scania) is on a sliding skelly trailer, whereas the one on the volvo is on a fixed skelly which are manufactured to sit lower

Well, you learn something new every day. I haven’t noticed many sliding skellies in Finland and on the one I’ve looked more closely had gooseneck and container was sitting lower than on the trailer behind the Volvo in my picture. Are sliding skellies popular over there? Now that I looked pictures again it looks like they might be. It also might be my untrained eye… :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not that familiar with container transportation :smiley:

K.Goodwin:

Kyrbo, this is the same trailer in both pictures, the first picture carrying a 40’ container, the second pic, carrying a centrally mounted 20’ container, the front half slides over the rear axle bogie section so that the centrally mounted container can be unloaded.

this is the most common type of skelly trailer in the UK as it is the most versatile, there are fixed and combi skellies too :wink:

Bugcos in the W+D he used to drive

me already on the bay where Bugcos was delivering

parked in the yard after washing down

photo was taken in the yard whilst the trailer was brand new

tight little road in Birmingham

first job with the new truck, was a collection of waste plastic from Hinckley