Container Trailers

Hello Everyone,
Please excuse my ignorance but can you tell me about some Container trailers i have seen with an extra
axle in the middle. Does the trailer split in two so 20ft containers can be transported seperately or i am i missing something,

Thank you

yep hth.

I looked around Youtube but…

Couldn’t find any multi-function skelly’s in action.(there must be some video somewhere)

Here’s Denison’s version.

dennisontrailers.com/multi-function

It’s more with unloading the containers rather than transporting them. On a standard skeletal trailer I can transport two 20’ containers but can only unload the rear on as it has to be on the rear to back up to a loading bay. With a multi function trailer you back it on to a bay split the trailer and then put the front one on another bay. A standard skeletal trailer can be shrunk so that the 20’ container carried in the middle of the trailer can be moved to the back. this is the reason why old skellys can be a right royal pain in the arse.
And before any one mentions it I do know how to put a trailer on a bay with the doors at the front, don’t think it would go down well at most RDC’s though.

knight2:
And before any one mentions it I do know how to put a trailer on a bay with the doors at the front, don’t think it would go down well at most RDC’s though.

How do you do that? When I went boxing I only took the single 20fts or 40fts. Never mentioned to me about 2 20s. Never saw anyone do it either. Not mocking, I’m genuinely interested to know. Cheers!

there was a better video on you tube, that showed how to put the trailer on the bay but you should get the general idea from this.

A lot of shuffling it seems :smiley: