Container ship

Seems a container ship bound for Southampton will be arriving on two seperate days!

Better link.
http://maritime-connector.com/news/security-and-piracy/containership-mol-comfort-breaks-in-two-off-yemen-crew-rescued/

Any pictures or video footage of a container ship split in half with 4500 containers must be very interesting

If you want to see where any ship is, go to:

marinetraffic.com/ais/defaul … level0=100

how many rolls of duct tape would you need ■■?

more info about ship
marinetraffic.com/ais/shipde … =311006900

Dunno what all the fuss is about, I’ve often had a split load…

That is the hero of this news

Back in the 80s my brother worked for P&O on tankers as a radio occifer. On one trip with a bulk ore carrier going from Australia to Germany, a gap opened up on the deck plates. As the waves rolled past the gap would open to a foot or more and then close again.

To keep it afloat they flooded the hold to make it lower in the water, this meant that it was more like a submarine, with the deck only just clear, so the waves had less effect. When they got to Germany the authorities wouldn’t let them sail up the river until it was repaired.

I bet that went with a bang on the MOL Comfort!,Comfort in deed.
What do sailors say when land lubbers use the term"worse things happen at sea!)?
Looking at that video they truelly do!

:laughing: :laughing: how are both parts still floating?? That is quality.

FarnboroughBoy11:
:lol: :laughing: how are both parts still floating?? That is quality.

my thoughts as well lol

That will put a few eastern europeans out of work perhaps they will ■■■■ of home and leave some jobs for us english.

ril4881:

FarnboroughBoy11:
:lol: :laughing: how are both parts still floating?? That is quality.

my thoughts as well lol

There’ll be bulkheads fitted right through, they’ve been very lucky it’s broken between bulkheads.

lost:
That will put a few eastern europeans out of work perhaps they will [zb] of home and leave some jobs for us english.

Seafarers : 26 (11 Russians, 1 Ukrainian, 14 Filipinos)

Yes, obviously they’re British jobs they’ve taken, with it being a Japanese company running a Bahamas flag. What do they think they’re playing at not giving Eastern Europeans the jobs and not us :unamused:

Seafarers : 26 (11 Russians, 1 Ukrainian, 14 Filipinos)

Yes, obviously they’re British jobs they’ve taken, with it being a Japanese company running a Bahamas flag. What do they think they’re playing at not giving Eastern Europeans the jobs and not us

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I find it amusing that the day after it broke in two that not only were both halves still afloat but they had already managed to float 19 miles apart!

Paul

So what’s the plan? Drag it into harbour with a tug and unload?

mucker85:

Yes…one of Stobarts is waiting for one of those containers in Liverpool…only the narrator of the programme has just given himself a heart attack with all the excitement :smiley:
That’s the real reason the series has finished :laughing:

woody2808:

mucker85:

Yes…one of Stobarts is waiting for one of those containers in Liverpool…only the narrator of the programme has just given himself a heart attack with all the excitement :smiley:
That’s the real reason the series has finished :laughing:

But to get that into liverpool would mean the dreaded Blind side reverse… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

B…

I blame the bloke who loaded it :smiley:

Cable Ties will fix that ! :unamused: :laughing:

Glad everyone is safe.

welders required anyone who like a challenge,must be able to swim, please apply mol comfort :laughing: :laughing: