Container Drivers and Others Excercise?

Here is a question for all drivers that spend a lot of time sat on thier asses what do you do about excercise and I know that some will see the funny side of this question but I am quite serious because since I started container work I have never sat on my fat arse for so long…

So come on guys and gals lets here what you do to keep fit.

Keep it clean please :laughing:

I have to do physio every day, so there’s no reason why you couldn’t do some general stretches and stuff whilst your tipping. Believe me, the looks you get off the drivers on the other bays are priceless… :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Beyond that, there’s no point asking me, I’m fat as a house. :stuck_out_tongue:

i always make sure i go for a walk once i have parked up just do so streches ect. while you are driving just hold your stomach mussels in and count to 10 then relax do that a few times really helps !! :astonished:

lifting the coffee cup up to mouth counts as my exercise. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

peteandbrenda:
while you are driving just hold your stomach mussels in and count to 10 then relax do that a few times really helps !! :astonished:

Try doing the “plank” on the bunk, you probably heard about it on the radio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/evans/galleries/1564/9/#gallery1564

if you can hold this for 1 minute at a time, you`ll only need to do it 1-2 times daily and you will feel the difference with the core stomach muscles tightening

I thought walking all the way round a 40’ trailer to fasten the twistlocks and then having to open the back doors as well was more than enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

You get all the exercise you need climbing from the seat to the bunk. Seriously though if u got a long tip go for a walk or if you park up early go walkies.

when you park up take 1/2 hour walk to the pub, after a few beers it takes 2 hours to get back to the cab. ( i know i parked it round here somewhere )

My exercise is walking all the way to the back of the vehicle to open the container doors and then I have to walk all the way back to the cab, then I may choose to climb on to my bunk and when I have finished sleeping I have to climb off the bunk. Then I may climb down from the cab to have a pee, need I go on, as you can see I lead quite a strenuous life… :wink:

take your trainers and go for a run, thats if you can get a shower, I do as I play rugby and need to keep fit ish

I thought walking all the way round a 40’ trailer to fasten the twistlocks and then having to open the back doors as well was more than enough wheelnut so did i until the kind staff where i tip make me do double and carry a salvo back to the bay now and when the light is green have to unlock then carry salvo back in exchange for a piece of paper the stress is killing me :smiley: :smiley:

I used to put Debbie Does Dallas in the DVD for my exercise. It worked too cos now i can climb into the cab using only one arm while holding a cup of coffee in the other! :sunglasses:

Coder know what you mean since I’ve been doing containers my fitness has gone downhill,which is the opposite direction to my weight. So now I’m eating less and trying to get a walk in whenever i can.

Stop off at layby on entry to felixstowe, young girl comes up and offers ‘plenty’ of exercise for a few quid :sunglasses:

When i stop at the services for my 5 minute daily break i park as far away from the building as possible so i have to walk further for a dump.
I go swimming at the weekends.
I get plenty of exercise on the missus when i demand it.
Don’t do RDC’s anymore, sitting in waiting rooms is bad for my health.
If your transport manager has a big gob then give him a kicking, Also security men on industrial estates that wake you up are also good excercise. You’ll feel fit in no time.

Stop off at layby on entry to felixstowe, young girl comes up and offers ‘plenty’ of exercise for a few quid

Since when i never seen one and i’m based there.

aidey:
Stop off at layby on entry to felixstowe, young girl comes up and offers ‘plenty’ of exercise for a few quid

Since when i never seen one and i’m based there.

Sticky seconds, how are ya :wink:

Do you honestly think I got a body like mine by exercising? Jeez… :laughing:

Actually,I found that by going lift one,down one,then the other eyelid,it works a treat.

Ken.

Wheel Nut:
I thought walking all the way round a 40’ trailer to fasten the twistlocks and then having to open the back doors as well was more than enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

With driving a drawbar, Ive got 8 twistlocks to undo, and 2 lots of doors, so Im well fit :smiley: :smiley:

Lucy:
I have to do physio every day, so there’s no reason why you couldn’t do some general stretches and stuff whilst your tipping. Believe me, the looks you get off the drivers on the other bays are priceless… :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Beyond that, there’s no point asking me, I’m fat as a house. :stuck_out_tongue:

You dont look fat in your pic Lucy!!

Never got a chance to look the last time I saw you, cause you drove past on warp factor 9!! :laughing: