Conspicuity Tape

Can you use Yellow or white on the side of a trailer please

White is ok as 2 of ours have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iirc you can use yellow on the side or rear ,on the rear don’t go closer to the brake lamps than something like 4 inch or it’s a mot fail I was told last time .

White tape normally. Have it on both of my trailers.

Punchy Dan:
Iirc you can use yellow on the side or rear ,on the rear don’t go closer to the brake lamps than something like 4 inch or it’s a mot fail I was told last time .

Yes, Yellow anywhere, red only allowed on back, white only allowed on side 200mm from brakelight I think. (And I think there is a min / max height off floor ?) There are some nice pictures in the book I think :laughing:

manski:

Punchy Dan:

Yes, Yellow anywhere, red only allowed on back, white only allowed on side 200mm from brakelight I think. (And I think there is a min / max height off floor ?) There are some nice pictures in the book I think :laughing:

I was only 100 mm out :neutral_face: ,I didn’t like the yellow .cheap tape is ok I’ve tried some but it needs the E rating on .

Punchy Dan:
I was only 100 mm out :neutral_face: ,I didn’t like the yellow .cheap tape is ok I’ve tried some but it needs the E rating on .

Where do you get “cheap” tape ? I thought I had looked everywhere :laughing: Seriously if you have a source would be grateful for info.

manski:

Punchy Dan:

Where do you get “cheap” tape ? I thought I had looked everywhere :laughing: Seriously if you have a source would be grateful for info.

this does not seem to bad ebay.co.uk/itm/Conspicuity- … 1438.l2649

manski:

Punchy Dan:

I had some from a bloke at clitheroe who was making it ,can’t remember the name and some from Jc commercial at staveley nr chesterfield it worked out about less than half the cost from Hgv Direct

Howardplant:

manski:

Punchy Dan:

this does not seem to bad ebay.co.uk/itm/Conspicuity- … 1438.l2649

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
theres masses of options on ebay,but mostly its the same chineese scabby quality crap.
it does the job,and itl pass muster,but it fades rapidly compared to the proper stuff.
ive got it on various parts on my driveway so i can get and idea of where im reversing and it loses its reflective glare within a year,but it s good enough for the price.

dieseldog999:
ive got it on various parts on my driveway so i can get and idea of where im reversing

■■■■ me dd…

How big is your driveway? :smiley:

[quote="

this does not seem to bad [ebay.co.uk/itm/Conspicuity- … 1438.l2649]
(https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Conspicuity-Tape-50m-x-50mm-Roll-ECE-104-DM-Reflective-HGV-Truck-Trailer-Lorry/201845868550?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=501870932782&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
theres masses of options on ebay,but mostly its the same chineese scabby quality crap.
it does the job,and itl pass muster,but it fades rapidly compared to the proper stuff.
ive got it on various parts on my driveway so i can get and idea of where im reversing and it loses its reflective glare within a year,but it s good enough for the price.
[/quote]
I would have though a man of your standing would have had a drive in, drive out property, circular driveway and all that :laughing:

I did buy some cheap chinese stuff that was about as reflective as gaffer tape so that’s why I was asking :laughing:

Like the way it’s called DM tape, might as well have called it 4M or something :laughing: