Consolidated land services scunthorpe

here i have found pictures of consolidated land services in scunthorpe lots of pics

a few more

this was on another thread,I used to take export steel bars/coils tip at warehouse on quennsway then load pit arches back for around the notts collieries ,this ment leaving my tr in the yard pick up cls tr in the steelworks chain the arches,back to queensway &tranship onto my tr with a stack of fishplates,but it was always quicker when lofty was in the top yard(topman)he earned me some brass

was the yard near the old matalan just off queensway i always seem to remember going with my dad in the wagon and that place always seems like i
have been there before

cls warehouse on queensway,opposite the green patch,the yard was off grange lane north

Hi Revman,
Have you any pics of when it was a Guy fleet. I started off with CLS in the late 60,s on the old Invincibles. Do your work you got paid the money,
not a bad firm to work for .

Cheers Bassman

My Dad drove for TSL in scunny during the 70s.I remember CLS,loads of Big Js.I think that CLS tipper fleet were blueand the steel haulage side were red.Could be wrong though.Anyone remember TSL?red ERfs with white stripe.

Hi, Lilbow

I remember TSL (Transport Services Lindsey) had some smart Volvo heavy haulage units and I think George Curtiss ran them for a while. And don,t forget KVS Killingholme Vehicle Services, another offshoot. Red Big J,s

Cheers Bassman

lilbow73:
My Dad drove for TSL in scunny during the 70s.I remember CLS,loads of Big Js.I think that CLS tipper fleet were blueand the steel haulage side were red.Could be wrong though.Anyone remember TSL?red ERfs with white stripe.

I also remember TSL.CLS had a tanker division called Tanker Hire,they ran in a blueish livery - if you could see it under the muck. :laughing:

i remember c l s loading out of beswicks lime works for scunthorpe in the 60s with those guy invincibles . they were as mad as a box of frogs , they went down taddington bypass like ■■■■ off a shovel , i think they must have relined the brakes every week . having said that they were good blokes to chat to , they must have been on bonus money though . cheers , dave

two of bob hobs na3t not forgetting hsls

i remember hsls my dad used to do some driving for them on the agency in the mid 90s

can remember seeing hsls wagons in aldwarke loading shipping work probably imminghams in the 90s when i used to be with my father in wagon, PD probably still run sum of them old tri axles pictured above lol some of them look abit worse for wear these days tho.

revman:
two of bob hobs na3t not forgetting hsls

Remember driving those eps mercs for HSLS when i first started driving with an agency :smiley:

some more pics i have found

All became part of Powell Duffryn

SELLERS & BATTY LIMITED
NORTH LINCS.HAULAGE COMPANY LIMITED
R.DURHAM & SONS LIMITED
ALLIED TRANSPORT LTD.
CONSOLIDATED LAND SERVICES LIMITED
CONSOLIDATED LAND SERVICES (SCUNTHORPE) LIMITED
T.H.P.A. PENSION TRUSTEES LIMITED
CONSOLIDATED ENGINEERING LIMITED
T.H.P.A. PENSION TRUSTEES (1976) LIMITED(THE)
STOREFREIGHT LTD.
CLEVELAND WHARVES LIMITED
T.H.P.A. GROUP SERVICES LIMITED

Wheel Nut:
All became part of Powell Duffryn

SELLERS & BATTY LIMITED
NORTH LINCS.HAULAGE COMPANY LIMITED
R.DURHAM & SONS LIMITED
ALLIED TRANSPORT LTD.
CONSOLIDATED LAND SERVICES LIMITED
CONSOLIDATED LAND SERVICES (SCUNTHORPE) LIMITED
T.H.P.A. PENSION TRUSTEES LIMITED
CONSOLIDATED ENGINEERING LIMITED
T.H.P.A. PENSION TRUSTEES (1976) LIMITED(THE)
STOREFREIGHT LTD.
CLEVELAND WHARVES LIMITED
T.H.P.A. GROUP SERVICES LIMITED

Thanks for that Wheelnut,often wondered what became of Sellars & Batty,I drove for them for a spell late '60’s

David

I believe that the main company was called Interdom Holdings Ltd.