Considering cotainer work

i may be in the process of container work out of felixstowe.

can anyone please letme know about all the inns and outs of container work… and what the dock is like.

i have never done this type of work.

all information greatly recievd

ta

containers r easy mate im on them b prepared for long tips sumtimes felixstowe closes if any1 breaks wind nowa-days so thats a down point , b careful wen pickin up loaded boxes because u dont no how they r loaded could b top heavy, take a few books to read or magazines like and dont forget to fasten ure twistlocks sounds easy but ive seen them 4gotten and box has come off ! also wen gettin empties on at places check the box for damage etc an tha the doors r closed properly happened to me 1 rushin friday afternoon swund out the place an the dorr nearly wiped out another wagon

1 more thing ! good luck ! its easy if u take ya time !

Sleep a plenty on container work!

A brisk to moderate wind shuts the stowe too!

Koop:
Sleep a plenty on container work!

A brisk to moderate wind shuts the stowe too!

no someone ■■■■■■■ on A row shut’s felixstowe :confused:

as for the boxes mate piece of cake do a search on here there is plenty of info knocking about

get your self some book’s /laptop or dvd player because whether your tipping loading or getting rid of the box there will be plenty of hangin about

As it the summer, get yourself 1 of those fold up camping chairs, & and large bottle of sunscreen. As you`ll have lots of time at tips to work on that tan

A WEEK ON CONTAINERS

Granted Rog, you did “a” container for a week! But it aint no Q’ing up for 39 berth for hours on end nor is it Q’ing for a couple of days when Sarf-ampton goes ■■■■ up.

I’ll have a week on containers if its like your week!

Koop:
Granted Rog, you did “a” container for a week! But it aint no Q’ing up for 39 berth for hours on end nor is it Q’ing for a couple of days when Sarf-ampton goes ■■■■ up.

Purely out of interest koop but are you earning while youre waiting? I guess not if o/d but seems like a bit of a skive if you are employed and earning.

Koop:

Not MY week :open_mouth: - it was a link to another members post :slight_smile:

thanks guys…

im already a tramper… so i got all the kit…

as ive never done this work… the job may be coming up, so if i took it i just wanted to know what went on, etc.

thanks for the advice

schrodingers cat:
Purely out of interest koop but are you earning while youre waiting?

Well…ya earning yeah coz of being on the cards,but when it all goes wrong you get told to book off in the yard! = no night out money!! It is a skive yeah, but i’d rather be doing something TBH

Koop:

schrodingers cat:

Well…ya earning yeah coz of being on the cards,but when it all goes wrong you get told to book off in the yard! = no night out money!! It is a skive yeah, but i’d rather be doing something TBH

Here’s another one, when you have one small container how do you manouver it up and down the trailer. :question:

Has anyone ever had two small containers, and when you get to your first tip and they refuse you how do you get to the one at the front :question:

Mikejk:

Koop:

schrodingers cat:

Here’s another one, when you have one small container how do you manouver it up and down the trailer. :question:

Has anyone ever had two small containers, and when you get to your first tip and they refuse you how do you get to the one at the front :question:

Read the bottom of this post :stuck_out_tongue:

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32397&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=dock+carpets

Wheel Nut:

Mikejk:

Koop:

schrodingers cat:

Read the bottom of this post :stuck_out_tongue:

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32397&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=dock+carpets

Thanks, i’ve never seen that done anywhere, if you have one 20 footer how do they manouver it to the middle, back, centre etc?

Traz asked about the “Inns” & outs of container work.Now it’s been many years ince I did UK work,but I thought they were called “pubs” nowadays. :blush: :smiley:

A loaded 20ft box sits in the middle for transport…when you get to the tip, line up where it goes, get out, pull some knobs push a button, get big hammer and give it a clout, get back in truck and reverse! the trailer closes up, then the back doors are at the back!

Koop:
A loaded 20ft box sits in the middle for transport…when you get to the tip, line up where it goes, get out, pull some knobs push a button, get big hammer and give it a clout, get back in truck and reverse! the trailer closes up, then the back doors are at the back!

:open_mouth: and now in english?
:open_mouth:

I suppose if you don’t have a large hammer you’re ZB :smiley:

very important traz, you will require a rhides card if you ever want to pick up a container from felixstowe, no rhides card then no container.
your boss should be able to sort it out or if you are sub contracting then the operator your subbed to will be able to help, you will need a form of id with a photo on it then take that and the paperwork your boss gets from the port to the police station inside the port, they will take a mug shot and put it on your rhides card straight away.
felixstowe now operate a vbs system so you will also require a vbs number to pick up a box and a time slot that lasts 3 hours either side of the time given but this time will be gradually reduced as time goes by, look out for the emails from the port of felixstowe.
if you arrive in the port and have any problems you will be directed to the temporary holding area (if your at trinity), people wither away whilst at the tha and wives and children have been known to have reported their husband/father as being abducted, it’s a little bit like the bermuda triangle but with less chance of being found again.

schrodingers cat:

Koop:

:open_mouth: and now in english?
:open_mouth:

The back of trailer slides in, Da Daaaa the back doors of box at back of trailer.

Have it in Spanish!

¡Una caja de 20 pies cargada se sienta al medio para el transporte … cuándo usted se pone a la punta, se alinea donde esto va, salir, tirar algunas perillas empujan un botón, consiguen el martillo grande y le dan un tortazo, regresan en camión y revés! ¡el remolque cierra, entonces las puertas traseras están en la espalda! :open_mouth:

And now translated back to english!

A loaded box of 20 feet sits down to the way for the transport … when you put yourself to the top, it lines up where this goes, to go out, to throw some goatees they push a button, obtain the big hammer and give him a tortazo, return in truck and reverse! the tow closes, then the rear doors are in the back!