Congestion charge london

Whats the score on the congestion charge in london just wondered exactly how it works just in case I ever have to go I do some nights out sometimes which takes me nearby but luckily I’ve never had to run into there thanks.

your company should know if your drop is inside the zone, if you accidentally go into it they have 24 hours to pay it, can be done on line or you can do it shops displaying the red C sign outside.

wildfire:
your company should know if your drop is inside the zone, if you accidentally go into it they have 24 hours to pay it, can be done on line or you can do it shops displaying the red C sign outside.

Don’t think you can pay in shops anymore.

Your employer must pay for Dartford tunnel or the bridge, it is no longer cash at toll booths, SNAP account, job done, just drive through.
It must be paid by midnight, online payment if no SNAP account.

Toby did you even read the question before buggering off on an entirely different and incorrect tangent?

If u go into C or have a remote possibility to drive into C it is best to set up auto payment.

It is done online. No worries afterwards. 60£ fine if u fail to pay within 48h.

It’s not hard. If you drive over a red circle with a white C in it, congratulations you now owe Boris some monies. Payable online.

Autopay is great you get a small discount and no hassle, but I think cost £10 a year per vehicle, so isn’t really worth it unless you go in more than 10 times a year(I think?!)

F-reds:
It’s not hard. If you drive over a red circle with a white C in it, congratulations you now owe Boris some monies. Payable online.

Autopay is great you get a small discount and no hassle, but I think cost £10 a year per vehicle, so isn’t really worth it unless you go in more than 10 times a year(I think?!)

How do you see these road markings if the traffic is qued in front of you :question: I assume there is also some signage

It’s only the very central parts of London. Doubt you’d be nighting out anywhere close to the congestion zone to be honest

:open_mouth:

dozy:
How do you see these road markings if the traffic is qued in front of you :question: I assume there is also some signage

Yes there is, same symbol. It’s quite easy to get the hang of it.

Does not apply at night

Thanks lads been over Dartmouth dozons of times is was inner city I was thinking about thing is unless you know london how would you know if your going to go into the zone obviously if you drive down the street with that symbol then your in it by which time it’d be too late.

scally2:
Thanks lads been over Dartmouth dozons of times is was inner city I was thinking about thing is unless you know london how would you know if your going to go into the zone obviously if you drive down the street with that symbol then your in it by which time it’d be too late.

The roads are marked before you enter. If you can enter it without noticing, then you’re not really in the right job

Just something worth knowing, if you’re going to pay for your crossings on SNAP then you or the fleet operator have to call us and opt in first. This is because we need to add your regs to the Dartford system before you cross.

It’s miles better than their bog standard ‘no reminders to top up’ account, which is basically an attempt to cause as many £35-70 each way fines as they can.

PaulNowak:

scally2:

The roads are marked before you enter. If you can enter it without noticing, then you’re not really in the right job

How long have they been charging to cross Dartmouth?

The ones on the floor are white before hand when you are heading towards and they turn red when it’s time to pay. It’s really not hard, if I can do it without problems, anyone can.