Confusion Regarding links

There seems to be some confosion over links here at the moment. This is what is posted in the forum rules.

LucyR

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:42 pm Post subject:

Whilst we’re on the subject…here’s the current ruling on direct links and urls…:-

Personal Websites - This means sites like Vince’s and Bully’s, which are non-commercial/political sites which people have built for their own and others’ enjoyment. Allowed in signatures and can be linked from relevant posts

Organisations - eg.Owner Operators, PDA, etc. By agreementonly in signatures in relevant threads. So don’t post it without asking.

Commercial Sites - Not allowed in signatures. Can, however, be posted by a member who has no connection to the site in answer to a question in a relevant thread.
So if someone asked where to buy a fridge and AtkiG11 said “Try www.coldstuff.com” then it would be removed.

The obvious exceptions to this, by the way, are our paying advertisers…they can do what they like (within reason)!

Hope all that makes sense…tell me if it doesn’t and I’ll re-hash this post.

So if you have no connection with the site linked to, and are posting it as information from one member to another then thats fine and dandy.

Hope this helps.
cheers
STEVE.

Just out of curiosity but WHY has Rikki got a link to his own website under his name?, the only place you are likely to see it is when you are on the site… :confused: :confused: :confused: .

He can be a bit forgetfull you know :grimacing:

cheers
STEVE.

jammymutt:
Just out of curiosity but WHY has Rikki got a link to his own website under his name?

Because he spends hours updating the front page every week, and very few of you lot ever look at it - you all bookmark straight here!!! :wink:

Does mine come under personal site or organisation - as it is non profit making and not a company - Can I use it ?
Also Am I allowed to point people towards it - if for example they ask a question in the Owner Operators forum?

Owner Drivers:
Does mine come under personal site or organisation - as it is non profit making and not a company - Can I use it ?
Also Am I allowed to point people towards it - if for example they ask a question in the Owner Operators forum?

Don’t worry, the existing agreement regarding your site still stands. :grimacing:

Thanks…
glad to hear it - I will keep on passing as many of my readers to yourself. I get lots of enquiries asking all sorts of things about what is the best wagon, insurance company etc - so I send them all here for everyone elses opinion…