Confusion over speed limits in 7.5 tonner

Drove the 7.5 tonner today at work which as we know can do higher speed limits on certain roads. My question being…Alot of the driving was dual carriageways and motorways but as the vehicle has a tacho (set at 85kph according to the window sticker) what limits can I do? Duals 60? M’ways 70?

The limiter was a bit erm “slack” at pulling the speed off and it would easily do 60+ as I found out on a long downhill. I took the safe option and hung around the 56 mark and mingled with the other trucks as it made the journey easier as overtaking wasnt too great with the lack of power.

Hopefully someone can clear up my confusion.
Mark.

Mark28:
Duals 60? M’ways 70?

Correct. 50 on single carriageway.

mrpj:

Mark28:
Duals 60? M’ways 70?

Even though it’s suppose to be limited to 85kph? is there any c&u offence for exceeding the limited speed? even though the truck would quite happily do 90kph…well on the flat it would :laughing:.

Mark28:
Even though it’s suppose to be limited to 85kph? is there any c&u offence for exceeding the limited speed? even though the truck would quite happily do 90kph…well on the flat it would :laughing:.

There is no legal offence of exceeding the speed limiter for any vehicle

The only legal offence is that of exceeding the legal speed limit for the vehicle and you have already been informed of what those limits are :smiley:

Mark28:
is there any c&u offence for exceeding the limited speed?

No, although it’s always mentioned in these type of threads.

Mark28:

mrpj:

Mark28:
Duals 60? M’ways 70?

Even though it’s suppose to be limited to 85kph? is there any c&u offence for exceeding the limited speed?

No, provided the speed limiter is functioning properly.

Thanks for the replies.

Mark.