Confused

Ok guys , help !
Picked my spanking new 7.5 tonne curtain sided truck up with this vosa certificate,
Boss tells me 4.5 tonne carrying limit , I say 3.5 , whose right , it’s my license I’m ready to yell at him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it to weigh bridge empty but with full tank of fuel and pallet truck on board and get it weighed that’s the only way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no unladen/empty weight listed so the only way is to take to a weighbridge empty with a full tank of fuel then sit in it whilst being weighed

Alternatively take direct to nearest weighbridge when loaded and have it weighed - you are legally allowed to do that UNLESS UNSAFE and to go back to where loaded to have any excess removed

Company pays for weighbridge NOT driver

Subtract the weight of vehicle from the gross weight.
Always check you’re not overweight on each axle.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

mick.mh2racing:

How does the OP know what the empty weight is :question:

I seem to remember when all commercials had stickers on outside of the cab listing gross, axle and unladen weights. When did this stop being a requirement, or am I mis-remembering. . . again?

But yes the OP needs to go to a weighbridge:
Gross Weight minus Unladen Weight equals Payload.
7.5ton minus Weighbridge Ticket (vehicle no load, with driver and fuel etc) equals possible load weight.

cliffey:

Ok guys , help !
Picked my spanking new 7.5 tonne curtain sided truck up with this vosa certificate,
Boss tells me 4.5 tonne carrying limit , I say 3.5 , whose right , it’s my license I’m ready to yell at him

Our 7’5tonners weigh 5.3tonne,they are tippers and can only carry around 2.2tonne,which is poor!

Ok , how do I work out what I can carry ?

cliffey:

They’ve already told you that, get the vehicle weighed, preferably with a full tank of fuel, and deduct that weight from the gross weight, that will give you the payload.

cliffey:

As stated above, take your truck with your stuff you need for day to day work in it including a full fuel and adblue tank to your local weighbridge and weigh the truck. Substract whatever the weight ticket states from 7500 and voila you can figure out what you can carry.

You are substracting the train weight from the max weight to come up with your 3.5t, that is about as relevant and useful as a chocolate coffee cup.

Empty weights are never on the plate as the manufacturer has no clue what you carry or add on to the basic truck such as bodies, tippers and as someone else posted your pumptruck and lunch bag.

Brilliant thanks lads

ROG:

mick.mh2racing:

How does the OP know what the empty weight is :question:

Weighbridge.

It should have a plate somewhere with the unladen weight on it or usually stickers on body somewhere when the body was built on it. Most trucks have that info somewhere on them otherwise go on iveco website and find the specs for it will give you an idea. Although I suspect both of you are wrong, it’s got to be 4.5ton unladen I would think with a box on it. They can’t carry Jack unless they have managed very good weight savings in trucks now. We could only get about 2.5ton on an iveco flatbed from memory and that’s with as little weight as possible with no box or curtains etc. If it has a tailift fitted then again the weight of that rescues your carrying capacity.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

It will only have that information marked on it if the body builders, dealer or operator have had it weighed after the bodywork was fitted.
The truck manufacturer will only know the weight of the chassis before any bodywork was fitted.

The only way to know what payload can be carried is to weigh the vehicle in its unladen state, including everything that would normally be carried with it (such as driver, second man, full tank of fuel and adblue, pallet truck, load restraints etc) and noting what you have and hadn’t included in that weight.