Confused wannabe newbie

Hello All,

I am 25 years old, currently work in a office based role and want a change of career. I apologise if i use any incorrect technical words. I want to begin my journey of becoming a HGV driver. I live in Warwickshire and really don’t know how to start this new career path and would appreciate any guidance

scotty0206:
Hello All,

I am 25 years old, currently work in a office based role and want a change of career. I apologise if i use any incorrect technical words. I want to begin my journey of becoming a HGV driver. I live in Warwickshire and really don’t know how to start this new career path and would appreciate any guidance

Most of what you need to know should be within the link in my signature below :smiley:

First thing you need to ask yourself is can you deal with stress? If you can’t then this job is not for you, if you can then you should be A-ok!

Can you deal with hard work & long hours :question: if not then stay away also sometimes being treat like dirt on bottom of your shoe

Have a good look round the site everything on here you will need a medical theory HPT find a training provider go & visit them ( they may do the medical etc ) avoid a broker at all cost

And then when you get a job you could end up with 5/2 and 6/1 working weeks, half the week on 15hr days, others at 13hr and the pay might be, um, worse than what you’re on now… :wink:

scotty0206:
Hello All,

if you haven’t already you should get your provisional licence, then find local HGV trainers and go and see them, most training companies will give you a free driving assessment and then tell you how much training you’re likely to need.

Some companies who claim to be training companies don’t actually do training themselves, they farm the training out to proper training companies, these are known as brokers and should be avoided at all costs.

I can’t help you myself but there maybe someone along shortly who can recommend a local trainer in your area.

tachograph:

scotty0206:
Hello All,

I can’t help you myself but there maybe someone along shortly who can recommend a local trainer in your area.

Rog already been along & done it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: