Confused about CPC, read FAQs = more confused

Hi all,

So what’s the deal with this CPC then, contacted a training provider ref dates for modules and they’ve given me dates in Feb, march and april for individual modules.

I’ve read some FAQs but they just tied me in knots.

My question, is it possible to fast track the CPC modules, as in back to back?

I want my c+e and I have the funds and time to do it.

Tom

First question would be when did you pass your car test or do you already have Cat C or C1

Are you referring to the initial dcpc modules 2 and 4 or the 35 hours periodic dcpc ?

When did you pass car test?

Have you passed any LGV test? - if so then when?

Thanks for replying.

Car test 10 years ago, don’t have C or C1.

Reading the .gov site…

part 1 - theory test I understand that bit
part 2 - Driver CPC case studies test I presume the same as part 1, on a computer
part 3 - driving ability test what the hell is this, do you not have to do a separate test for C then C+E?
part 4 - Driver CPC practical demonstration test same as above really, is this completely separate from the C+E test?

I don’t know where to start, and what’s this 35hrs periodic trading, training in what exactly?

I want to do it all in one lump, like your car test, trading follow by a test.

I recently done my Cat C

get your provisional then do the theory and cpc case studies test on same day in theory test centre

Then do your test which you would do your test for Cat C then have to go back for C+E

after doing the test its back to the test centre for a practical CPC test basically he asks you show and tell style questions

Hope this helps

The guys I did my test with gave me a free registration to something called drivertheory4all
With that it you could sit at the computer or phone and constantly sit theory tests and the cpc test until you know all your stuff worked well for me passed the tests no bother

The first theory has two parts theory and hazard perception so that two tests same day
book your cpc for same day also you can do it straight after providing you pass the first two

Period training is what you do once you are qualified to remain qualified.
When you have completed all the four parts you listed you will have the categories on you licence and a Driver Qualification Card. This DQC is valid for five years and to renew it for the following five years you need to do period training within that time, which consists of five seven hours courses (35 hours). This is not something affects you at this point until you have passed your test and done your initial CPC.

When you say you have booked with a training provider, do you mean an LGV training school or a company advertising Driver CPC training? If the latter, which by the sound of giving you several dates (five I’m guessing) is periodic training, this is not what you need and is of no use to you at this point.

You will need a medical send licence off on return you will be able to book theory & HPT as well as module 2

Then find a training provider or 2 have an assessment with them speak to trainers to book practical training & test ( they will do this ) you must do Cat C first then module 4 then you can book CE

Please avoid brokers go direct to training providers depends on where you are

Modules to pass if you wish to drive LGV C commercially

1a theory
1b HPT
2 initial driver cpc theory
3 practical road drive/reverse
4 practical driver cpc

To go on from there and get C+E all that is needed is module 3 again with the un-couple

Modules 1a 1b + 2 can be taken on the same day at the theory test centre

For more info on the various tests please click the link in my signature below

Agree with animal, avoid the brokers out there.
I did my test in N.i and there was a guy doing the 5 day with me and he had just recently moved from mainland and had booked through them. Pair of us sitting there doing the same 5 day course and WAY different prices (in my favour). plus he had paid some type of insurance that was meant to get him a retest if he failed which he did but I don’t think the company had been informed about this and there was some dispute dont know what way it ended.

iwbbnis:
Thanks for replying.

Car test 10 years ago, don’t have C or C1.

Reading the .gov site…

part 1 - theory test I understand that bit
part 2 - Driver CPC case studies test I presume the same as part 1, on a computer
part 3 - driving ability test what the hell is this, do you not have to do a separate test for C then C+E?
part 4 - Driver CPC practical demonstration test same as above really, is this completely separate from the C+E test?

I don’t know where to start, and what’s this 35hrs periodic trading, training in what exactly?

I want to do it all in one lump, like your car test, trading follow by a test.

2 - you get given questions on a few scenarios - pictures on screen with multiple choice answers
3 - C must be passed before C+E can be taken - need to await licence to come back from C before going for C+E
4 - see this video =

I passed mod 2 today 41/50 so just I went back and changed a few answers at the lucky I did I think driving theroy for all is good it’s what used but I did the learning area and there is a lot to learn especially the eu uk aeter regs and limits so confused ping as it all sounds the same

Get in touch with a good trainer who will talk you through it all and sort everything out for you.

Otherwise the confusion can be endless!

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry if this sounds stupid. But I’ve passed cat C and have done initial CPC and received my CPC card. Will I still have to do 35 hours within 5 years? and when I do my C+E training (in two weeks time) will some of that account to my 35 hours?

truck-n-me:
Sorry if this sounds stupid. But I’ve passed cat C and have done initial CPC and received my CPC card. Will I still have to do 35 hours within 5 years? and when I do my C+E training (in two weeks time) will some of that account to my 35 hours?

If the CE course is approved for dcpc hours then you can get some of the 35 from that
if 1 to 1 half days = 14 hours
if 2 to 1 all day = 28 hours

To continue driving commercially after the expiry of your current DQC you will need to have completed the 35 hours at any time before that date
Completing the 35 at any time will ADD 5 years to your current DQC

Yes, everyone has to do 35 hours periodic training within the period each DQC is valid to be qualified for the following five years.

As for whether the C+E training can count for some hours towards that depends on whether the training company has that training approved as a DCPC course or not.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the periodic training, as once you have a permanent job that will be organised by your employer, so you just have to turn up when they tell you to stay qualified.