Confused 24hour day

Can anyone help our driver cpc guy says if I start at 4am Monday do a 10hr driving day+breaks and work and finish at 6pm,have 9hours off then start again at 3am,he says I’m driving to many hours in 24hrs.

Swessely:
Can anyone help our driver cpc guy says if I start at 4am Monday do a 10hr driving day+breaks and work and finish at 6pm,have 9hours off then start again at 3am,he says I’m driving to many hours in 24hrs.

Tell him he’s talking bollox you’ve had your daily rest the driving is reset.

Welcome to TNUK.

So are you saying as long as you have had your daily rest period you can work 12 hrs on day 1 (10 hrs driving),have 9hrs off, start day 2 and be perfectly legal.

Swessely:
So are you saying as long as you have had your daily rest period you can work 12 hrs on day 1 (10 hrs driving),have 9hrs off, start day 2 and be perfectly legal.

Yes.

Legally possible but unrealistic to do this driving time in 24 hours

End a daily rest and start driving at 0600
Drive non stop until 1030
Break from 1030 to 1115
drive non stop from 1115 to 1545
start daily rest at 1545
End reduced daily rest at 0045
Drive non stop until 0515
break from 0515 to 0600

13.5 hours driving in 24

IAt the end of each shift I always take my digi card out cause my vehicle will be driven around the yard by loaders.
The last question it asks me before ejecting the card is…“24 hour day?”
I always answer “no” but have no clue as to what this means :blush: .
Anybody keep me right on this one…?

steery1:
IAt the end of each shift I always take my digi card out cause my vehicle will be driven around the yard by loaders.

Sounds like that is the bit asking if you want a printout for the day.

steery1:

The way I understand it, and I work nights, is that it will print out all data from the start of my shift the previous day up until 23:59hrs and also the data after 00:00 until I eject my card at the end of the shift. So, in the printout it will have two separate sets of printed data for each date. If you select ‘yes’ it will do this as a printout. If you work on days I assume it will printout from 00:00hrs until 23:59hrs on the same day. HTH?

By clicking yes on the 24hour day it will just give you a print out for your day. From the start of your shift til you eject your card.