confirmation

am i right in thinking that a drain jetter/gully cleaner wouldn’t need a o’licence, and be exempt from tacho regs in the uk?
also.
the same vehicle might be going to france for some work to be done on it. do the same exemptions apply?

Pass

Not sure about the o licence but I know the have a deroga, derrig, yes they are exempt Tacho rules. That’s in the European rules so it should apply in France, with the caveat that they are French people there so anything goes.

I think drain jetters and the like come under plant as they can’t carry goods for hire and reward, I pulled a massive pressure washer for a while that took up a whole 40’ curtainsider and I was exempt from o licence rules but still used a tacho just in case.

Equitran:
I think drain jetters and the like come under plant as they can’t carry goods for hire and reward, I pulled a massive pressure washer for a while that took up a whole 40’ curtainsider and I was exempt from o licence rules but still used a tacho just in case.

so the unit was exempt?
interesting. after all you could drop the trailer, then lift another to do a quick foreigner.

Yes it was exempt but only when on contract to the cleaning company and the paperwork had to state how long the contract was for and that it was sole use by them, they had a low loader for moving the lances and the guy pulling that had to have an op lic, really ■■■■■■ him off when he had to stop for a night out in the msa and I could keep going until I got to the hotel that was booked for the crew.