Confession Time

Did my first solo run with Warburtons’ yesterday. Two drops at ASDA Rushden and one of the Northampton Morrisons. Someone showed me loading, fixing the frames etc… I loaded and fixed the ASDA ones and helper did the Morrisons on the opposite side. Got to ASDA, open the door and some of the bread tried to escape. On checking, what I loaded and secured was in place, but the other lot had come free. Much stacking and a red face saw things put right. Yes I confess to forgetting a golden rule; I trusted someone elses’ loading without checking it myself.
:blush: :blush: :blush:

yes i remember tryin to work for them through an agent every one was a happy camper when they had recruted someone to get them out of the brown sticky stuff. but when i got there they wouldnt let me park my car in their car park, so i tryed to park in the only place that semed good just outside the gate next to a jag in the dark i reversed in to my horror theres no ground behind the kerb and the car floor bottomed out on the kerb and a right ole game to get it off i parked it up away down the street but wasnt happy at all lord knows what dammage ive done i thought. then got through security with no help or direction to the office ,found the office they asked for my licence while im telling the man about the damage ive done to my car thanks very much. found my plastic card but couldnt find my paper side of it, and was promptly told that i wouldnt be any good with out it, i said that the agent wouldnt send idiots out to customers we are all checked out and more than qualified for the job but no good they suggested to go home and find your licence they would pay me to do that. i thought well nice enough but im still buzzin about about the damage to my car im havin a bad day . i can clearly see theres only one car on the car park so that tells me a poor atitude towards drivers i come on short notice to help them out. then the man wants forms fillin out hes holding what must be a pack about three quarters of a inch thick i said you want one of those fillin in, he said no all of them well i told him ive had nothing bad suff going on since ive bin here and i aint fillin your forms in and i aint drivin your truck if thats the best you can do im off home and do not ring thats it .the agent rang me to give me an ear full an i told him the same. i cant understand it at all why all the agro perhaps im getting unemployable these days with all the rubbish thats goin on but ive still got a few of the boys who know me and value my experiance…

What depot was that, Kevin? Bicester are spot on. I had no problems considering my lack of multi drop experience. Went back yesterday for another 12 hour shift.

lots of sandwichs for nathan then ■■? :laughing: :open_mouth:

JAKEY:
lots of sandwichs for nathan then ■■? :laughing: :open_mouth:

No problems yesterday though, Steve; Except the company sat nav couldn’t locate anywhere in Newport Pagnell. Luckily I had some papery things with drawings on…“Ye olde street maps” I think they were called. :laughing:

I applied for a job with them some years ago, there were a few problems on their part and it took nearly six months to get a start date. They did send me a £20 Argos voucher and a letter of apology for the delay. Never did work for them though, lost interest after all that time.

Glad its going well for you, bet its good doing something completely different!

You going for class 1?

Saaamon:
Glad its going well for you, bet its good doing something completely different!

You going for class 1?

I want to, but work is stop start so I don’t want an unnecessary expense. Certainly a lot happier anyway.

Muckaway:
Did my first solo run with Warburtons’ yesterday. Two drops at ASDA Rushden and one of the Northampton Morrisons. Someone showed me loading, fixing the frames etc… I loaded and fixed the ASDA ones and helper did the Morrisons on the opposite side. Got to ASDA, open the door and some of the bread tried to escape. On checking, what I loaded and secured was in place, but the other lot had come free. Much stacking and a red face saw things put right. Yes I confess to forgetting a golden rule; I trusted someone elses’ loading without checking it myself.
:blush: :blush: :blush:

Shouldn`t this thread be titled “forgive me Trucknet for I have sinned:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kevin fullard:
they asked for my licence while im telling the man about the damage ive done to my car thanks very much. found my plastic card but couldnt find my paper side of it, and was promptly told that i wouldnt be any good with out it

its normal for an agency driver to carry both parts of their licence & be able to present it to the client IF requested. its their resonsibility to check & ensure you are legal to drive their trucks. Even if the agency have already checked your licence

kevin fullard:
then the man wants forms fillin out hes holding what must be a pack about three quarters of a inch thick i said you want one of those fillin in, he said no all of them well i told him ive had nothing bad suff going on since ive bin here and i aint fillin your forms in and i aint drivin your truck if thats the best you can do im off home and do not ring thats it .

The irony is while you where on site, you where getting paid, even if what you where doing was filling forms out.
Also storming off site & telling the client your off home is probably the fastest way to an empty wage packet + incuring travel expenses out of your own pocket.
Ive been there, & got the T-shirt & empty wallet because I wouldnt wind my neck in when I didnt agree with what Id been (reasonably) asked to do

I bought my son a Corgi Super Hauler, Scania artic…
…An Eddie Stobart one.
:blush:
Sent from my android phone, awaiting social services.

I have had issues in the past with being sent to the Agency’s clients who do not provide off road parking. I would rather lose a shift than my vehicle, so I make it clear in advance that the job will not be covered if I am not happy with the parking arrangements.