Compulsory masks

Haven’t worn a mask anywhere for ages now, everyone preaching wearing them can get lost.

I was at Greencore Northampton earlier, guy came out of the gate house ‘you got a face covering’?

I said no, I don’t carry one with me, so he brought me one out and said ‘here at this site we still use face coverings and will be using them for good from now on blah blah blah’. I rolled my eyes.

I wasn’t in the mood to argue so I put it on, walked round to the other guy to book-in (who was wearing his mask round his chin) only to find the guy followed me and stood there watching me the whole time presumably to see if I took the mask off as I think he sensed I wasn’t overly keen.

Anyone would think people are dropping dead everywhere, media hysteria has completely took over the minds of people.

Iandrummer81:
I was at Greencore Northampton earlier, guy came out of the gate house ‘you got a face covering’?

I said no, I don’t carry one with me, so he brought me one out and said ‘here at this site we still use face coverings and will be using them for good from now on blah blah blah’. I rolled my eyes.

I wasn’t in the mood to argue so I put it on, walked round to the other guy to book-in (who was wearing his mask round his chin) only to find the guy followed me and stood there watching me the whole time presumably to see if I took the mask off as I think he sensed I wasn’t overly keen.

Anyone would think people are dropping dead everywhere, media hysteria has completely took over the minds of people.

Funnily enough mate I did Greencore Tamworth today and also got some helmet mithering me about a face mask :unamused:

robroy:
I wore my snood when all this crap was at it’s height, not because I thought it did me any good, but mainly for benefit of old and vulnerable people to reassure them…that’s what kinda guy I am. :smiley:
Stopped wearing it months ago as I’m so sick of all this sh…
I saw an old guy in Asda cafe yesterday removing his mask every time he sipped his coffee, and quickly back on in between sips. :unamused: :laughing:
There was only his Mrs anywhere near him, me and my lass were at opposite end of cafe.
Theres being careful when you’re old,.and there’s being brainwashed.

My Mrs who is the worlds worst conformist and a direct opposite charavter to me wore hers around the supermarket…in case she offended anybody. :neutral_face:
I really need to have a word. :laughing:

Maybe you should cut the old guy in Asda (and your Mrs and the gatehouse oiks) some slack here - they don’t have the benefit of your (or DCPCFML’s) years of experience working with communicable diseases and coronaviruses in particular so they go with the advice that is handed down from people who do.

Actually I think your Mrs could show you a thing or two here - Just look on mask wearing as being like flashing-in (and acknowledgement thereof). Both things cost SQR(FA), and may well achieve nothing measurable on their own, but both of them help make all those involved feel a little bit happier/more comfortable with things as they go about their daily business :slight_smile:

There are 2 sides to this - Down in deepest darkest Cornwall nearly everyone wore masks, socially distanced etc. and cases of Covid were rare.

Then come holiday season every man and his dog who normally goes to ‘Costa del ■■■■ Up’ comes down to Cornwall.
“Masks Mate, no sorry we came here to get away from all that”

So hospitality workers, bus drivers, shop workers, ferry crews etc. were not only verbally abused but often physically attacked and at the same time dropping like flies with Covid.

In a month, Cornwall went from a few odd cases to the highest in the UK.

My local Pub has had to cordone off most of the Pub with reserved signs so that the regulars can stay safe, It’s a compulsory mask pub, yet the visitors still mouth off.

Fortunately visitor season is coming to an end and infections are dropping off, but it’s not over yet for us.

It’s simple, show respect for others and wear a mask and keep a distance - it’s dead easy

Roymondo:

robroy:
I wore my snood when all this crap was at it’s height, not because I thought it did me any good, but mainly for benefit of old and vulnerable people to reassure them…that’s what kinda guy I am. :smiley:
I saw an old guy in Asda cafe yesterday removing his mask every time he sipped his coffee, and quickly back on in between sips. :unamused: :laughing:
There was only his Mrs anywhere near him, me and my lass were at opposite end of cafe.

My Mrs who is the worlds worst conformist and a direct opposite charavter to me wore hers around the supermarket…in case she offended anybody. :neutral_face:

Maybe you should cut the old guy in Asda (and your Mrs and the gatehouse oiks) some slack here - they don’t have the benefit of your (or DCPCFML’s) years of experience working with communicable diseases and coronaviruses in particular so they go with the advice that is handed down from people who do.

Actually I think your Mrs could show you a thing or two here - Just look on mask wearing as being like flashing-in (and acknowledgement thereof). Both things cost SQR(FA), and may well achieve nothing measurable on their own, but both of them help make all those involved feel a little bit happier/more comfortable with things as they go about their daily business :slight_smile:

So one has to put up with wearing a bloody mask, which I find unpleasant to wear, forever to satisfy a minority of paranoid people?

Sorry, they can get lost.

I’m jabbed, they’re jabbed let’s just get on with our lives and stop panicking about this sodding bug which is here forever anyway. Have your jab and be happy with the protection it gives you, it’s all we can do.

eagerbeaver:
Funnily enough mate I did Greencore Tamworth today and also got some helmet mithering me about a face mask :unamused:

Must be company policy to be a bell end :smiley:

Roymondo:

robroy:

:laughing:
Firstly don’t associate me with that DH DCPC individual, as far as views on this pandemic…(or any ■■■■ thing else actually.) he’s the ‘‘Go to expert’’ on all this,.qualified by years of trunking on the M1. :unamused: :smiley:
Let me explain, are you sat comfortable… :smiley:
I have already said that the ONLY reason I have wore a snood when all this crap started (refuse to wear a surgical mask as I have a strong aversion to looking a complete 2 hat) is what you have already pointed out to me. :bulb: …look back if you can be arsed,.I’ve said it in numerous posts on this.
The old guy was sat with his Mrs with nobody around him except for us 10 yards away, it was not the fact he was wearing his mask…I get it at his age and/it whatever tf condition he has.
Point was he was so frightened he kept putting his mask back on between sips of coffee.
Poir old ■■■■ has been terrified by what he hears on the news presumably, put the factor in the mix he and his old dear have both had the jab,.as I have,…10 yards away, so how terrified (or brainwashed) was the poor old boy.

Try and read my post next time to understand it…it will save you the bother. :bulb:

whisperingsmith:
So hospitality workers, bus drivers, shop workers, ferry crews etc. were not only verbally abused but often physically attacked and at the same time dropping like flies with Covid.

:unamused:

rob22888:
So one has to put up with wearing a bloody mask, which I find unpleasant to wear, forever to satisfy a minority of paranoid people?

This.

More than happy to stay the [zb] away from them if they are bed-wetters, providing they display some easily recognisable sign so that I know, but they can go swivel if they’re expecting me to wear a pointless face nappy which has been proven in numerous non-Soros funded studies to do [zb] all. If they’re so scared of the bogeyman they can stay the [zb] at home under their bed and order their stuff online for home delivery.

As the topic response shows, some people are trained to be “bell ends” some are born naturally as a confrontational “bell end” and some like to act as a confrontational “bell end”

DCPCFML:

rob22888:

This.

More than happy to stay the [zb] away from them if they are bed-wetters, providing they display some easily recognisable sign so that I know

Perhaps a…

Small gold star?

yourhavingalarf:

DCPCFML:

rob22888:

This.

More than happy to stay the [zb] away from them if they are bed-wetters, providing they display some easily recognisable sign so that I know

Perhaps a…

Small gold star?

I think that’s more likely to be what’s coming for us “dirty unjabbed super-spreaders” if I had to bet money. :unamused:

Conor:

lolipop:
My wife and I don`t have the problem of workplace rules,being retired,but saying that if we are going shopping its mask, sanitizer and gloves.

Go on then, explain why. You’re vaccinated, over 90% of everyone around you is vaccinated, you’re in a massive open space. You’re wearing gloves and you’re sanitising the trolley but are you sanitising the stuff you buy? After all it’s been touched by multiple people.

The vast majority of people who are getting it are the young and unvaccinated. With very few exceptions everyone who is getting hospitalised is young and unvaccinated. Nobody who is actually dying from it and not just counting as a covid death because they had a positive test 4 weeks ago then got run over by a bus is vaccinated.

Brainwashed is a good description of how some people are now handling this. The government did such a good job of putting fear into the mentally weak that you still see idiots driving in their own car on their own wearing a mask.

I thought the vast majority dying from it were unvaccinated - but being vaccinated doesnt make any difference to you catching it/spreading it/giving the virus another chance to test itself against vaccine and figure out a way to beat it.

Think I read you have just as much viral load in you whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, the vaccine just reduces the severity of it.

DCPCFML:

yourhavingalarf:

DCPCFML:

rob22888:

This.

Perhaps a…

Small gold star?

I think that’s more likely to be what’s coming for us “dirty unjabbed super-spreaders” if I had to bet money. :unamused:

No gold star but I’d certainly refuse them hospital treatment - you want to risk it thats fine just dont expect us to pay foy your hospital stay.

whisperingsmith:
There are 2 sides to this - Down in deepest darkest Cornwall nearly everyone wore masks, socially distanced etc. and cases of Covid were rare.

Then come holiday season every man and his dog who normally goes to ‘Costa del ■■■■ Up’ comes down to Cornwall.
“Masks Mate, no sorry we came here to get away from all that”

In a month, Cornwall went from a few odd cases to the highest in the UK.

My local Pub has had to cordone off most of the Pub with reserved signs so that the regulars can stay safe, It’s a compulsory mask pub, yet the visitors still mouth off.

Fortunately visitor season is coming to an end and infections are dropping off, but it’s not over yet for us.

It’s simple, show respect for others and wear a mask and keep a distance - it’s dead easy

Same happened here in Somerset.

JeffA:

Conor:

lolipop:
My wife and I don`t have the problem of workplace rules,being retired,but saying that if we are going shopping its mask, sanitizer and gloves.

Go on then, explain why. You’re vaccinated, over 90% of everyone around you is vaccinated, you’re in a massive open space. You’re wearing gloves and you’re sanitising the trolley but are you sanitising the stuff you buy? After all it’s been touched by multiple people.

The vast majority of people who are getting it are the young and unvaccinated. With very few exceptions everyone who is getting hospitalised is young and unvaccinated. Nobody who is actually dying from it and not just counting as a covid death because they had a positive test 4 weeks ago then got run over by a bus is vaccinated.

Brainwashed is a good description of how some people are now handling this. The government did such a good job of putting fear into the mentally weak that you still see idiots driving in their own car on their own wearing a mask.

I thought the vast majority dying from it were unvaccinated - but being vaccinated doesnt make any difference to you catching it/spreading it/giving the virus another chance to test itself against vaccine and figure out a way to beat it.

Think I read you have just as much viral load in you whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, the vaccine just reduces the severity of it.

So given that masks are a proven ‘keep up appearances’ fallacy, with no real substance or deterrent, the only alternative is to adorn your cooking foil suit and hat, collect your provisions,.and move in to the under stairs cupboard…
OR.
Just say ■■■■ it, I’ve done my bit with the jab (for whatever that motive may or may not be) if I get I catch this crap c’est la vie Rodney, time to get on with my life…albeit 3 years according to our resident ‘expert’. :laughing:

DCPCFML:

Keep yer…

Money, no need to put the bet on in the first place.

robroy:

JeffA:

Conor:

lolipop:

So given that masks are a proven ‘keep up appearances’ fallacy, with no real substance or deterrent, the only alternative is to adorn your cooking foil suit and hat, collect your provisions,.and move in to the under stairs cupboard…
OR.
Just say [zb] it, I’ve done my bit with the jab (for whatever that motive may or may not be) if I get I catch this crap c’est la vie Rodney, time to get on with my life…albeit 3 years according to our resident ‘expert’. :laughing:

Don’t masks stop the bigger droplets of covid infected spit? Sure they don’t stop the smaller covid particles but perhaps “every little helps”.

I’m a bit scared of it to be honest - if something only has a 5% of helping I think I’d still do it. If not for me then for my granny.

JeffA:
No gold star but I’d certainly refuse them hospital treatment - you want to risk it thats fine just dont expect us to pay foy your hospital stay.

What about smokers? The obese? People who partake in dangerous sports? Should they be denied treatment too? If so, how would they go on about withholding the portion of their taxes that pays for the NHS? If they can’t access it then surely it’s fair that they don’t fund it?