Completely highthearted - offer of personal shopper ass'

It is almost that time again gents (and ladies if you need it) YES… CHRISTMAS. I remember Dad religiously coming to me and asking “What does your Mam want this year?” Bear in mind it was 23rd December and after making a list of 4 or 5 things, running to Argos on Christmas Eve and 3 of them were out of stock, Mum usually ended up with a piece of jewellery that was over £100 (because that meant it was really good,lol) and a box of choccys. I remember one year he bought Mam a Karaoke machine, he thought this was a brilliant gift. But Mam can’t sing and it went unused.
WELL, in memory of Dad at this time of year I would like to take the rush and sudden panic out of Christmas for all you busy fellas.
I’m offering my expert opinion for Christmas Presents for the wives (or partners) this year.
Not only may I be able to save you a bit of cash at this credit crunching time but I may also save you the scowling from the wife over the sprouts and bring you Christmas Cheer!
So get msging and I will reply to the post regularly.
Take care,be healthy and stay warm
missHope - proud daughter of the late great Ste Hope - biggusdickusgb :wink:

No need luv. Part of the plan when I ordered daughters was so I didn’t have to go bloody shopping! :stuck_out_tongue:

Stan

Good luck on your enterprise :laughing:

A close friend and his wife had this ridiculous game every year who bought the most useless present :stuck_out_tongue:

So on Christmas Eve we went off to town, Hull in this case and visited every bloody shop we could find, before coming home with some cheap tat. I remember things like blow up sheep, plastic magnifying glasses, gel filled sandals and chuckaway cameras, In return Sharon would buy Ivan things like toy guns, or intercoms, banana shaped sandwich boxes and bacon flavoured mouthwash.

Surprisingly they are still married after 36 years :laughing:

So if you need any help misshope, it will be an honour. and your dad would be ■■■■■■■ himself at this thread

Well last year i wasnt the most popular person with the missus when she opened her pressie and my kids faces were a picture when they saw it.
I had used my initative and got her what she had been saying she needed for ages…it was a new dog lead…and in my defence it was a top notch one and cost me over 20 quid and shes always walking the hound…she aint stopped telling me that if i get her a choke chain or pet blanket etc this year shes gunna smash my face in :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Now she did mention the other week that the iron is not getting as hot as it should be but i dont know if i dare :laughing:

Wheelnut you silly billy, I’m offering you drivers my assistance not Ineed your assistance. Love your story of the mates who buy cheap tat. Think me and John will be strarting this this year. This might help hide the unwanted gifts he insists on buying me each year.for instance the pink fluffy telephone or the glass that holds a whole bottle of wine.

I’m hoping that Dad is sat up there with his beer and re-runs of Only Fools and Horses and Last of the Summer Wine laughing his head off at me remembering these things about him. I miss him so much, breaks me that we will have to have this Christmas without him. When I was living in Bicester, Dad would leave Peterborough early morning, spend all day with us and the kids and drive up to Bolton in the evening and then drive all the way home on the same night. I love him so much. I will have to buy the kids a present from Dad and say that he sent it from Heaven, express delivery. They still constantly say “Can we go to heaven to see Grandad” Bless them.

Blissy, if you value your life and marriage I wouldn’t dare! Dad made this mistake many times,buying things like irons,pan sets, a hoover. NEVER EVER buy chore accessories.
Why not pick her up an iron and take it home today, out of the blue. You will definitely be in the good books.

Secondly, give me some background on your missus and I will give you the perfect gift idea.Wives are the backbone to a lorry driver and are well under appreciated

i made the mistake of buying my wife (now ex wife) one of them henry hoovers for her xmas pressie, boy did i pay for that big time, the look on her face was priceless lol

haha imagine that on one of those mastercard adverts - PRICELESS
Well you can all shove off now, seens as none of ya want me help! I’ve gone bust! lol x Happy shopping all x

MissHope:
haha imagine that on one of those mastercard adverts - PRICELESS
Well you can all shove off now, seens as none of ya want me help! I’ve gone bust! lol x Happy shopping all x

No don’t bugger off, we like having you around, a chip off the old block :laughing: Have you thought about a cab rats recipe book? There can only be so many ways you can cook a tin of stew in a lorry :stuck_out_tongue: Irish stew with boiled potatoes, Boiled potatoes with Irish stew.

Beans on toast, Toast drizzled with jus of bean & bean

WheelNut SHUT UP!!! (meant in the shock horror way, not actually telling you to shut up) :open_mouth:
Was sat here thinking bout Dad all day and thought I would start a new topic on here about cab scran,as I was thinking about when Dad used to make Camion Stew.
Even been a bit poorly today so made my fella go out and buy loads of tins of irish stew and Scotch Broth. Just finished a tin of Irish Stew now. Reminds me of Dad cause he hated hospital food,so I used to make a couple of tins up for him and take it in.
How wierd is that■■? You are reading my mind! :open_mouth:
misshope - proud daughter of the late great Ste Hope (biggusdickusgb)

MissHope:
WheelNut SHUT UP!!! (meant in the shock horror way, not actually telling you to shut up) :open_mouth:
How wierd is that■■? You are reading my mind! :open_mouth:
misshope - proud daughter of the late great Ste Hope (biggusdickusgb)

Your dad asked us to look after you, we all said we would :wink:

OK. I will shut up now, except to say my Dad died 32 years ago last week and I still think about him loads, and laugh at things we did.

Whats your fellas name? not Stew I hope :stuck_out_tongue:

Did he really say that, ask you all to look after me? Oh bless him. I adored him you know and I mean it when I say that it feels like he only went a few weeks ago. It’s been 8 months.
I only wish I’d told him how much I loved his but if you knew Dad then you’d know how proud he was and I didn’t want to upset him on his last days.
He comes to me in dreams. I don’t know if thats just coincidence or it really means something, but I wish he could let me know he’s o.k and he did end up going somewhere and not just dying. That would be such a waste.
Wheelnut I’m not sure if we have met, but I know nothing about you.Male/Female?Young/older!!!,lol?
Oh partners name is John - currently looking for driving work might I add!lol

I would say I need your help miss hope BUT his year I’ve tried to stand on my own two feet, see what you think to these…

Some Caterpillar Moody Boots in Honey, just realised they’re called moody boots, not such a good idea…but they are light brown coloured nice CAT boots.

Some SJP perfume

An Armani necklace.

and that’s it so far, think might leave it at that as I reckon I’ve done well what I’ve got anything else might ruin it :unamused: :laughing:

Very well done indeed. Why not top it off with a nice bottle of wine to share together on Christmas Day evening. Your lucky will definitely be in. Oh and chocs,gotta buy chocs!
Miss you Dad x

The last two occasions of my luck being in, we had children nine months later, so will steer clear of the wine and chocs…
It’s not that bad honestly, just know if chocs are bought I’ll eat them before I wrap them, and we don’t really drink in this household