Complaint about ..Our New Toy - V8 R-730

robroy:
Hiya all, (Steptoe/Victor Meldrew here from page 15 :smiley: ) 18 pages :open_mouth: ,seriously?? don’t any of you lot EVER take the ■■■■ out of the Eddie Spotters again, that’s all I’m saying, Well done Mr White for your self publicising excercise :wink: , but judging by some of the rectal tongue massaging displayed on here I’m wondering if you do actually walk on water,if so watch out mate …it is Easter. As I said before they’re only [zb] ing trucks!!

Give me a couple of minutes while I dive for cover :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I kind of agree, there’s a long running thread called ‘pictures of lorries you own’ they could have gone in and this thread seems like a magnet for certain types that think over-the-top Scanias are the be all and end all of road haulage. If young Ed Stobart had logged on and started a thread posting every new truck they put on the road I doubt the support would have been so enthusiastic.

Own Account Driver:

robroy:
Hiya all, (Steptoe/Victor Meldrew here from page 15 :smiley: ) 18 pages :open_mouth: ,seriously?? don’t any of you lot EVER take the ■■■■ out of the Eddie Spotters again, that’s all I’m saying, Well done Mr White for your self publicising excercise :wink: , but judging by some of the rectal tongue massaging displayed on here I’m wondering if you do actually walk on water,if so watch out mate …it is Easter. As I said before they’re only [zb] ing trucks!!

Give me a couple of minutes while I dive for cover :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I kind of agree, there’s a long running thread called ‘pictures of lorries you own’ they could have gone in and this thread seems like a magnet for certain types that think over-the-top Scanias are the be all and end all of road haulage. If young Ed Stobart had logged on and started a thread posting every new truck they put on the road I doubt the support would have been so enthusiastic.

If it’s all so boring why do you feel the need to comment?

Ross.

bigr250:

Own Account Driver:

robroy:

If it’s all so boring why do you feel the need to comment?

Ross.

That question kind of answers itself. :grimacing:

I’ve moved this thread here so anyone can discuss with Own Account Driver the rights and wrongs of where to post.
My own view is that if you don’t want to see someones new Toy AKA V8 R-730 or it doesn’t interest you then don’t go look at it. Complaining about it after almost a year seems, well…
Anyway, there ya go. Help ya self.

It was ok to start with but, that’s the point it’s been going a year, I don’t think any haulier no matter what motors they run or how well they treat their drivers should have their own dedicated thread to new vehicles for an endless parade of Scania fanboy wannabees to cream in their pants over.

The reason it’s been going on for over a year is because people keep posting in it, so it obviously interests them. HTH :wink:

Applying your logic, scrapbook memories, which is on almost 400 pages should be binned too, I mean it’s only some bloke who stands on bridges taking photos and cutting pictures out of old magazines, what right does he have to have his own thread, the hundred’s of thousand’s of views it gets have SFA to do with it, it’s the principle :unamused:

Now, I do understand you, a thread that mainly consists of pictures, should be in the pictures forum, but does it really matter unless you have a really bad case of OCD :laughing:

newmercman:
The reason it’s been going on for over a year is because people keep posting in it, so it obviously interests them. HTH :wink:

Applying your logic, scrapbook memories, which is on almost 400 pages should be binned too, I mean it’s only some bloke who stands on bridges taking photos and cutting pictures out of old magazines, what right does he have to have his own thread, the hundred’s of thousand’s of views it gets have SFA to do with it, it’s the principle :unamused:

Now, I do understand you, a thread that mainly consists of pictures, should be in the pictures forum, but does it really matter unless you have a really bad case of OCD :laughing:

I think the point that the OP is trying (and possibly failing) put across is that it’s basically nothing more than a free advertisement for his company (although if he is paying TN to advertise his company then fair enough). As others have pointed out, why does it have a thread of its own when there is already at least 1 thread that caters for this precise thing? Pretty much any other website of this size would charge you and a leg for the level of self-promotion that the OP gives his company on this site. :bulb:

I hear you both, but it is quite a popular thread, you know how drivers are with shiny Scanias.

I wouldn’t say it’s an advert for his company as such, yes they run nice kit and that, but they’re not exactly touting for business here, I know the company name gets mentioned, but if that wasn’t allowed then there wouldn’t be many photos on here as most lorries are signwritten so in the strictest sense that would constitute advertising :wink:

newmercman:
I hear you both, but it is quite a popular thread, you know how drivers are with shiny Scanias.

I wouldn’t say it’s an advert for his company as such, yes they run nice kit and that, but they’re not exactly touting for business here, I know the company name gets mentioned, but if that wasn’t allowed then there wouldn’t be many photos on here as most lorries are signwritten so in the strictest sense that would constitute advertising :wink:

One rule for one and all that… :stuck_out_tongue:

God knows how much stobart would have to pay they must get about three threads a week started. :smiley:

Whats SOOO wrong with a thread about a success story for a change? Surely it’s got to be better than a thread about yet another company going down the toilet… :unamused:

I’m neither pro- nor anti-Scania so couldn’t actually give a stuff what the White’s buy and run but they obviously run a professional and successful outfit, with good drivers driving good kit and doing good work - good luck to them I say!

ANY company - haulage or not - that is a success in these hard times, needs and deserves our admiration. Why people feel the need to kick a ‘good news’ story is completely beyond me - unless it’s jealousy of course…

Some more of this type of thread would improve TN for me - about any company - especially any one man bands!

I’m bloody fed up with all the doom and gloom mongers and nay sayers that take every opportunity to stick the knife in… ( Thats not aimed at you particularly Own Account Driver, I’m generalising immensely :smiley: )

Well I thought it was blatant free promotion of the company. The boss had no need to keep posting the same stuff over and over.
But it kept the thread active for so long. Wonder if any potential customers saw it and acted upon it in a positive way for said company?

Piston broke:
Whats SOOO wrong with a thread about a success story for a change? Surely it’s got to be better than a thread about yet another company going down the toilet… :unamused:

I’m neither pro- nor anti-Scania so couldn’t actually give a stuff what the White’s buy and run but they obviously run a professional and successful outfit, with good drivers driving good kit and doing good work - good luck to them I say!

ANY company - haulage or not - that is a success in these hard times, needs and deserves our admiration. Why people feel the need to kick a ‘good news’ story is completely beyond me - unless it’s jealousy of course…

Some more of this type of thread would improve TN for me - about any company - especially any one man bands!

I’m bloody fed up with all the doom and gloom mongers and nay sayers that take every opportunity to stick the knife in… ( Thats not aimed at you particularly Own Account Driver, I’m generalising immensely :smiley: )

What he said.

I don’t post all that much because its difficult to see anything interesting (to me) due to all the crap on here and all the old women moaning. The original thread is as much an advert for TN as it is for Whites!

Seeing as it was my post that prompted the o/p on this thread to comment, I should maybe explain.
. I have not, (or had not before this) any knowledge of Mr White’s company, so therefore there was no jealousy, malice or anything else felt towards him personally, I was more having a pop at how some grown men :unamused: on here were freely making themselves look pathetic :unamused: , by over the top remarks about a bloody truck, such as “I’m salivating looking at it” or “It’s better than ■■■” :open_mouth: :unamused:…ffs , my initial thoughts were that maybe getting a life would be a good idea. I also thought rightly or wrongly, that some who possibly were known to Mr White looked to be on some charm offensive bordering on arse licking to maybe be considered for employment, which was a bit sick-bag, but who knows?.. who cares?.. it’s just that I felt embarrassed for some of them as a fellow driver, so I gave them the ultimate insult I compared them to Eddie Spotters :laughing: , I clearly upset some of them and didn’t sleep for weeks :unamused: :laughing: , but if Mr White’s company profile has been raised because of his self publiciising…hey good luck to him.
And to those who say if you find it boring or don’t agree why bother contributing, you could apply that to any thread on the forum.

Knowing at least half a dozen or so drivers who have worked and are still there it ain’t the be and end all,getting a 620 scania has its pitfalls

As I have know [zb] Ideal what’s this is about and looks as if its been taken from another thread ( yet another tread cant remember the other one ) I cant see the point in it as al the relevant information is somewhere else…
If ur gonna move a thread MOVE ALL OF IT

rant over

nick2008:
As I have know [zb] Ideal what’s this is about and looks as if its been taken from another thread ( yet another tread cant remember the other one ) I cant see the point in it as al the relevant information is somewhere else…

rant over

If, as you say,

nick2008:
As I have know [zb] Ideal what’s this is about

Why bother posting?

And

nick2008:
and looks as if its been taken from another thread ( yet another tread cant remember the other one ) I cant see the point in it as al the relevant information is somewhere else…

rant over

It’s a complete waste of your time “ranting” at us.
We respond to online rants in the same way as we would a face to face rant. We totally ignore them.
A reasonably phrased request or suggestion is much more likely to be considered.