compensation

Hi boffins

got one for you and i think i know the answer so what is it

if you work in week one and only have 24 hours rest when does that rest have to be paid back, it will be added to a 45 hour rest and what time would i have to start my rest for me to pay it back

by the end of the third week following the reduction :question:

delboytwo:
what time would i have to start my rest for me to pay it back

I suppose that would depend on your finish time for the week or your start time for the next week when you take the 45 + 21 = 66 hour weekly rest - little confused on this question…

It has to be paid back by the end of the third week following the reduction. So, if that reduction is in week 1 you will have until the end of week 4 to compensate. Now you say you want to add it to a 45 and take 66 hours, which must be completed by midnight Sunday of week 4, so you will need to commence your rest that week no later than 06:00 Friday.

Coffeeholic:
It has to be paid back by the end of the third week following the reduction. So, if that reduction is in week 1 you will have until the end of week 4 to compensate. Now you say you want to add it to a 45 and take 66 hours, which must be completed by midnight Sunday of week 4, so you will need to commence your rest that week no later than 06:00 Friday.

thanks Neil

just one more think with regard to the end of the 4 week in you post been sun midnight

i am i right in saying it does not matter what time you start in the weeks as it must be paid back by the end of the 4 week sunday midnight

sorry if its a bit messy in the way i have put it :blush:

delboytwo:
i am i right in saying it does not matter what time you start in the weeks as it must be paid back by the end of the 4 week sunday midnight

You are, it’s the by the end of bit which is important.

Coffeeholic:

Can the compensation be paid back first and THEN the weekly added - 21 + 45 or does it have to be the other way around 45 + 21 :question: :question:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Can the compensation be paid back first and THEN the weekly added - 21 + 45 or does it have to be the other way around 45 + 21 :question: :question:

no Rog it must be added to the rest ie 45 hours + the rest that as to be compensated

delboytwo:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

no rog it must be added to the rest ie 45 hours

I know it must be added but which way - to the start or the end - does it actually say in the regs :question:

ROG:

delboytwo:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

no rog it must be added to the rest ie 45 hours

I know it must be added but which way - to the start or the end - does it actually say in the regs :question:

Rog it does not matter which way round you have to take 66 hours rest for this post

but for you question compensation must be add to a 9 hour rest or more

your rest that week take president and any compensation would then come after that

there is a very good reason for me asking which way it is or can be as the rest to be paid back will determine when the weekly will have to start…

Coffeeholic:

If the payback can be at the start then the weekly rest could start as late as 0300 sunday as it would then be paid back before the cut off time

ROG:
there is a very good reason for me asking which way it is or can be as the rest to be paid back will determine when the weekly will have to start…

Coffeeholic:

If the payback can be at the start then the weekly rest could start as late as 0300 sunday as it would then be paid back before the cut off time

rog regs say this

one regular weekly rest period and one reduced weekly
rest period of at least 24 hours. However, the reduction
shall be compensated by an equivalent period of rest
taken en bloc before the end of the third week following
the week in question.

‘a week’ means the period of time between 00.00 on
Monday and 24.00 on Sunday

so as you can see en bloc(as a whole; all together ) and as you no a week in the regs is

‘a week’ means the period of time between 00.00 on
Monday and 24.00 on Sunday

so the end of the 4 week would be 24 .00 sun

so where is the en-bloc compensation - at the start or the end of the 45 and where does it state that in the regs :question:

ROG:
so where is the en-bloc compensation - at the start or the end of the 45 and where does it state that in the regs :question:

Rog this bit is in GV262 page 18 Weekly rest 33 hours, 45 hours 45 hours, 45 hours +12 hours’ compensation

ROG:

By definition if you add something to something else the thing you are adding to must come first. You attach the compensation to the rest period, you don’t attach the rest period to the compensation. Remember you can also compensate by attaching the compensation to a daily rest period. Now if you had 4 hours to compensate for and you worked from 06:00 - 20:00 and resumed work the next day at 09:00 you have made the compensation, 13-hour rest = 9-hour daily rest + 4 hours compensation. If the compensation came first, from 20:00 - 00:00 then your daily rest would not fit into the 24-hour period. You take the rest period and attach the compensation once the required rest is completed.