Comparing Volvo's F88/89 and Scania's LB cabs

Hey to all, I open a new topic about the F88/89 and Scania LB cabs because I couldn’t find anything in already announced topics.

I would like to hear about your experience of this topic announced cabs. About compairing comfort and driveability.

I could seem strange but of my sight the bigger LB cab had a bit less stowing place inside as the 88/89.
In my sight the bigger LB cab was more cramped as the F88/89 cab (speaking about left hookers).
Because in my long distance time I could stow away more in the 88 and was after hours driving more relaxed behind the wheel.

(to sleep in).

I found the beds in the LB a bit wider as the 88 and had a bit more headroom, and in those days a few inches made more difference as nowadays 20 centimetres in the big space cabs. But to get in I prefered the 88 inspite of the higher engine hump because the LB’s gearstick bothered me and in the 88 it sat lower near the seat. It came even worse when they mounted the EC obligated (1977) handbrake handle on the engine hump.

(Stowage)

On the LB’s offside you had a big table (flat shelf) before you,and a glove-locker afterwards on the 1 serie an overhead storage space too. On the 88 you had nearly nothing. But the underbed space was much more on the 88 but the lowered engine hump under the bed in the 89 nullified it like in the LB’s.

Cheers Eric,

Hi Tiptop , this thread may help
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=60731

Hey,

(To get in)

The long doors on the LB’s were bad to get in and out at side loading quais much used in Germany of course lots had the same problem because of a low mounted cab with short doors.
The small second step behind the door on the LB.
The first step on the 88 which was too near at the tyre at a small crash it was hitting the tyre.

Cheers Eric,