Company holding P45

Hello folks,

Quick question, I left my previous employer not mentioning any names in February. Since then I’ve had my meeting with them and have come to the conclusion I’m no longer an employee for them. But now that it’s been over a month they still haven’t sent me my P45, I was told that they should have sent it with my last wage slip in February but obviously they haven’t.

I’ve tried a few times to try and get hold of them to get it but amazingly enough the HR woman is never in when I’m phoning about it. So I’m wondering if there is anything I can do legally if they don’t send it? I’m thinking of just going in on Thursday afternoon to pick it up after work but not sure if they’re going to fob me off telling me they’ve already sent me it.

Any help would be great. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

If they are being really awkward about it then your new employer will just have to fill out a new starter without P45 form (P46■■) and submit that.

It takes a little while longer to come off emergency tax, but all is not lost.

jonnytruckfest:
Since then I’ve had my meeting with them and have come to the conclusion I’m no longer an employee for them.

Sounds strange, you either are or aren’t an employee (?) Anyway, as above it won’t stop you starting anywhere else, they’ll use a P46.

What you could do is send a letter requesting your P45 and send the letter recored delivery, enclose a stamped addressed everlope, to speed the process, keep a copy.