Company Drivers,Look At This New Australian Work Condition

Unbelievible that some company drivers are agreeing to the “You bend you mend” Workplace agreement.
Driver agrees 100% to be fully and wholly responsible for his truck and trailer and will pay out of his pocket any damage either accidently or mechanical.
Blow a tyre on the freeway-driver will pay for it.
motor goes bang a/c workshop made a mistake,Driver happily forks over $30,000.00.
The list is endless,what about serious vehicle collision that ends up in Court?Legal fees,Barristers etc etc-but hey the driver agreed to accept all responsibility…

Do you know anyone who signed up to this, if so why would they?

Good idea,it may make them think twice before doing thousands of pounds worth of damage due to carelesness…example…shooting the pin(no excuse what so ever) the list is endless

That’s why they have insurance, everyones falable. those that haven’t made a mistake haven’t done nothing.

Well Michael White at WhiteTrux once gave me a bonus if I didn’t blow any tyres (2 of us were overweight and had complained we wouldn’t make the fuel bonus) but bugger paying if I did. :smiling_imp:

Spardo:
Well Michael White at WhiteTrux once gave me a bonus if I didn’t blow any tyres (2 of us were overweight and had complained we wouldn’t make the fuel bonus) but bugger paying if I did. :smiling_imp:

White Trux, now there is a blast from the past. I used to meet one of their drivers regularly in Gennevilliers, Paris back in the late 80’s and early 90’s. Wish I could remember his name :blush:

We run 9 heavy haulage rigs out in West OZ our damage bill is massive with some of the so called drivers over here ,but there s no way they would agree to pay the bills! Oh wouldn’t that be nice :slight_smile:

boots:
Unbelievible that some company drivers are agreeing to the “You bend you mend” Workplace agreement.
Driver agrees 100% to be fully and wholly responsible for his truck and trailer and will pay out of his pocket any damage either accidently or mechanical.
Blow a tyre on the freeway-driver will pay for it.
motor goes bang a/c workshop made a mistake,Driver happily forks over $30,000.00.
The list is endless,what about serious vehicle collision that ends up in Court?Legal fees,Barristers etc etc-but hey the driver agreed to accept all responsibility…