Company contract not worth paper it's printed on

Hi guys my contract of employment at present does not state how many hrs you work about 60 hrs max or 48 hrs average all it says is to meet customer needs. Mon to fri salary sat and sun £10 hr sun £12 an hr. We are waiting to see what new contract says in June . My point and argument is some drivers work 12 hrs then look to park up they won t work 13 hrs to try and average hrs to 48 if possible and also 12 hrs is enough. Whereas some drivers work 3 X 15 hr shifts then 2 X 12.30 hrs shifts but get same money salary I be suggested if they want us working longer hours than others we should be on a bonus what do you s think. Wish there was a union for hgv drivers.

gothika:
Hi guys my contract of employment at present does not state how many hrs you work about 60 hrs max or 48 hrs average all it says is to meet customer needs. Mon to fri salary sat and sun £10 hr sun £12 an hr. We are waiting to see what new contract says in June . My point and argument is some drivers work 12 hrs then look to park up they won t work 13 hrs to try and average hrs to 48 if possible and also 12 hrs is enough. Whereas some drivers work 3 X 15 hr shifts then 2 X 12.30 hrs shifts but get same money salary I be suggested if they want us working longer hours than others we should be on a bonus what do you s think. Wish there was a union for hgv drivers.

Simply don’t book POA or extra breaks you’ll soon be down to 48hrs and as for a union there is and as all or most unions I found are only good for 1 or 2 things

If the drivers who work maximum hours are doing it of there own back more fool them park up when you have had enough and always for at least 11 hours.