Company card lock in

Good evening all,

Tomorrow I’m driving a hire truck for the first time and have been asked by my fleet manager to “lock out” the digital tachograph with our company card.

I have looked online for how to guides but with no success and was wondering if you fellow truckers could help me with to do it. :unamused:

It’s more the options I will see and have to choose on the tachograph.

Many thanks in advance

It’s quite straightforward - basically stick the company card in slot two, navigate to company lock in, and select yes. Or lock in…or whatever it says.

You need to lock in when you begin operating the truck; and lock out when you cease operating it.

The lock in allows driver card and vehicle data to be captured/downloaded. The lock out, prevents other people from accessing that information (data protection).

Simple insert company card, it will read card and then say it’s locked in. Once it has gone back to normal display eject the card. Locking it out is the same apart from it will ask if you want to lock it out simply change no to yes and it will lock it out.

Oh and it’s slot 1 that you need to use not slot 2. Well I was told to use slot 1 and never had any issues.

Or tell the lazy Zb to do it him self as you’re a driver not a fitter or transport manager FFs
If it goes wrong it’s your card and data in there no one else’s

As has been said, insert the card in slot 1 and it will automatically lock in.

Whenever you eject the card it asks lock out Y/N - select appropriately.

Has he also given you the download equipment?

why the need for this anyway / is the manager trying to hide something from the hire company ? and surely a tacho would have to be used for the drivers own security and legality, and not a company one ( whatever that is )

truckyboy:
why the need for this anyway / is the manager trying to hide something from the hire company ? and surely a tacho would have to be used for the drivers own security and legality, and not a company one ( whatever that is )

Legal requirement due to data protection Blah blah blah

truckyboy:

Operators have a company card it’s not for use for driving. It’s for locking the tacho in and out and downloading the tacho head in vehicles, required by law to download the head once every 28 days the same as driver cards.

The company card locks in the companies details to the taco head and locks it out again when sold/sent back to hire company.

There is a maximum of 90 days between tacho head downloads and a maximum of 28 days between tacho driver card downloads

Thanks SIMCOR…very well explained…like they say : one can learn something new every day.

truckyboy:
Thanks SIMCOR…very well explained…like they say : one can learn something new every day.

Indeed, well explained. Apart from the fact that at least one part of the statement is not factually correct that is! :wink: