Companies with driver facing camera

Yorkshire Tramper:
assistant rang me up to say “could you put two hands on the wheel please”

Jesus that’s depressing

Evolved:

Yorkshire Tramper:

Jesus that’s depressing

not had them ring me up about that yet lol. however one person got phoned up because he took his high viz fleece off and was in the back of the box.

AV1D:

Evolved:

Yorkshire Tramper:

Jesus that’s depressing

not had them ring me up about that yet lol. however one person got phoned up because he took his high viz fleece off and was in the back of the box.

HSE crazy at that place mate, bloody nightmare of a place to work.

lol, I was at the Barton-upon-Humber depot 2 weeks ago. As I’m thinking of moving up that way in the not too distant future, I thought “might look for a job here - seems ok”

I probably won’t now.

ezydriver:
lol, I was at the Barton-upon-Humber depot 2 weeks ago. As I’m thinking of moving up that way in the not too distant future, I thought “might look for a job here - seems ok”

I probably won’t now.

I was at Barton site mate, dont bother going, plenty of other work local rather than put up with their BS. They constantly advertise for drivers for a reason.

Yorkshire Tramper:

AV1D:

Evolved:

Yorkshire Tramper:

Jesus that’s depressing

HSE crazy at that place mate, bloody nightmare of a place to work.

I thought y’all said working for “own account” was the absolute best in transport?

Yorkshire Tramper:
the assistant rang me up to say “could you put two hands on the wheel please”

And let’s guess, they made the phone call contrary to the policy about not calling drivers whilst they are driving or something similar!

Acorn:

Yorkshire Tramper:

And let’s guess, they made the phone call contrary to the policy about not calling drivers whilst they are driving or something similar!

Good spot ^^^ never occurred to me that, and it falls right into my ethos of using their own stick to beat them with!

Nice one, it never even dauned on me to suggest this to them, it is a regular thing with them, they monitor all the drivers for any HSE breaches which is their excuse. Obviously anything that can knock down your bonus payment. Younever get to see the bonus as you steadily lose it before it is due. Same day they rang one of the lads to tell him that he had left his keys in the ignition when he got out of the cab. They are a total nightmare to work for and not many long term drivers are employed, most leave within the first few months. Constantly advertising for drivers through this silly camera system, Any defects on the trucks takes forever to put right if it is minor, if a camera goes down, they are all over it the same day.

Yorkshire Tramper:
Nice one, it never even dauned on me to suggest this to them, it is a regular thing with them, they monitor all the drivers for any HSE breaches which is their excuse. Obviously anything that can knock down your bonus payment. Younever get to see the bonus as you steadily lose it before it is due. Same day they rang one of the lads to tell him that he had left his keys in the ignition when he got out of the cab. They are a total nightmare to work for and not many long term drivers are employed, most leave within the first few months. Constantly advertising for drivers through this silly camera system, Any defects on the trucks takes forever to put right if it is minor, if a camera goes down, they are all over it the same day.

It’s only going in one direction. It won’t be long before the cameras are monitored by artificial intelligence also. Your manager gets a ping on his phone because the cameras have judged your eyes to have averted for more than 2% of the time, or your yawns per hour have exceeded the company limit. I once used to say this with humour, but I’m serious now.

ezydriver:
It’s only going in one direction. It won’t be long before the cameras are monitored by artificial intelligence also. Your manager gets a ping on his phone because the cameras have judged your eyes to have averted for more than 2% of the time, or your yawns per hour have exceeded the company limit. I once used to say this with humour, but I’m serious now.

Tell you what mate, I believe this too

I think the sad thing about this post is the people who work there and put up with it, the drivers, they are the problem with the job
It’s the age we live in, some people need to be told how to function to other people’s ideal world.
Nothing new there it’s a no brainer they are 2 a penny always another one waiting to replace the previous one
It’s a minefield out there, bad drivers, bad companys, bad office staff, bad work conditions, bad equipment, bad wages, bad hours,
All part and parcel of the job so the logic is look after yourself and don’t put up with any crap to a certain degree,
The job isn’t what you make it, it’s what you will put up with to make it a half decent job

Bigtruck3:
I think the sad thing about this post is the people who work there and put up with it, the drivers, they are the problem with the job
It’s the age we live in, some people need to be told how to function to other people’s ideal world.
Nothing new there it’s a no brainer they are 2 a penny always another one waiting to replace the previous one
It’s a minefield out there, bad drivers, bad companys, bad office staff, bad work conditions, bad equipment, bad wages, bad hours,
All part and parcel of the job so the logic is look after yourself and don’t put up with any crap to a certain degree,
The job isn’t what you make it, it’s what you will put up with to make it a half decent job

Agree with a lot of this but it is becoming the norm or certainly will be in the very near future as truck manufacturers are or will be fitting these multi camera systems as standard. Agree that at the moment we have a choice of working for the companies who have these systems fitted, I believe that pretty soon, we will no longer have this choice. There is always that driver at any company who thinks going the extra mile for his job is going to get him brownie points. I believe in doing my job to the best of my ability without having to bend over and try to impress anyone works for me, I also believe in most that the job is what you make of it, I work on tankers now and actually like the firm and like the job but the money isnt fantastic in comparison to others, but i settle for a bit less pay in order to be left to my own devices and not micro managed.

Acorn:

Yorkshire Tramper:

Exactly this, it can be equally as distracting to receive a call while driving as drink driving according to some studies.
Not sure i would believe that, but anyway there’s no way i would ever answer the phone from the transport office whilst driving. Stop at next services ring them back, waste as much time as possible they should soon learn to leave you alone!

Evolved:
Put tape over the lense

This is what I always did , but you could stick you’re towel / high viz or anything over it , assuming it’s on a cradle the dash , simple isn’t it , but no we have to have a thread with drivers threatening this / that & everything when all they have to do it Chuck a bit of tape on it , or a bit of cloth over it , laughable really , but no surprise

Biffa have them on some trucks. The union said it was an infringement of privacy to have an in cab camera, so they just put wide angled cameras on the wing mirrors. They are also moving to live feed cameras where you can be monitored in real time and every driver is observed for 20 mins a day.