Companies with driver facing camera

robroy:
I reckon that would be the final nail in the coffin for making what was once a job with freedom to becoming a micromanage, constant surveillance cluster [zb].

What attracted me to the job in the first place was the freedom, it was like being your own boss, nobody on your back and left well alone to just get on with the job. One of the reasons for some driver shortages at certain companies will certainly be down to taking that freedom away. I cannot see any possible reason why we need driver facing cameras.

Yorkshire Tramper:

robroy:
I reckon that would be the final nail in the coffin for making what was once a job with freedom to becoming a micromanage, constant surveillance cluster [zb].

What attracted me to the job in the first place was the freedom, it was like being your own boss, nobody on your back and left well alone to just get on with the job. One of the reasons for some driver shortages at certain companies will certainly be down to taking that freedom away. I cannot see any possible reason why we need driver facing cameras.

That is also one of the main things that attracted me also.
Set off, and/or ship out, ring in when empty at end of week after using your own initiative on stuff all week.
I think some of em now would hate that, as they need to be told when and where to wipe their arses.
This latest example is is the ultimate insult to professionalism, and umtinate ■■■■ take.
I’m sure I’ve said all this before btw :laughing: which is an indication of how I feel about it.

You know…

The more I think about it, the less I’m convinced they prevent accidents. Aside from the obvious intrusion to one’s private life, they don’t actually stop accidents from occuring. Fitting them in clearly doesn’t stop collisions. The footage we see of utter boneheads driving into stationary vehicles on carriageways surely proves that they aren’t a deterrent to drivers. All they do is give evidence of wrong doing after the event has occured.

The only way to stop idiots from killing people is not to hire idiots in the first place right?

yourhavingalarf:
You know…

The more I think about it, the less I’m convinced they prevent accidents. Aside from the obvious intrusion to one’s private life, they don’t actually stop accidents from occuring. Fitting them in clearly doesn’t stop collisions. The footage we see of utter boneheads driving into stationary vehicles on carriageways surely proves that they aren’t a deterrent to drivers. All they do is give evidence of wrong doing after the event has occured.

The only way to stop idiots from killing people is not to hire idiots in the first place right?

Exactly, but as I said the type of people who believe all that crap and repeat it to anybody who will listen, and the ‘If you’ve nothing to hide’ creations, are the type who believe anything they are told by their firm anyway. :unamused:

Even if I did not strongly disapprove of them, I’d be totally concious of the fact that some little ■■■■ in an office may be watching me, which would maybe make me dangerous by not fully concentrating.
That is the reason my sun visor tactically covers the potential view if and when my ‘incident’ camera triggers off occasionally…I just hate cameras facing me, can’t help it.

A particular mate of mine is even worse about any cameras facing him, one of the lads knew this one night,.and was aggravating him taking pics of him one night in the pub…he took his expensive phone off him and dropped it in the guys pint. :laughing:
A mega fall out resulted. :frowning: …but he ended up paying for it next day when sober. :smiley:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Conor:
Cool story but how did a “driver facing camera” catch this action Mr Turton?
The reason I ask is because this thread is titled “companies with driver facing cameras”.

Because it actually faces both ways. Camera on the front of the unit to record what’s going on outside, camera on the back of the unit recording what’s going on in the cab at the same time.

You’re a bit simple aren’t you?

Yorkshire Tramper:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
You’re not too bright are you!
Front facing cameras that you’ve posted about don’t tend to be “driver facing”, unless you’re clinging to the windscreen wipers.

Now that’s showing a sense of humor :smiley: :smiley:

No, just how thick he is. I’m guessing you’re also in the same boat.

I been told Mick George’s lorries have had there cameras taken out due to they couldn’t get drivers. Well to be fair i think that was one of many reasons :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:
You know…

The more I think about it, the less I’m convinced they prevent accidents. Aside from the obvious intrusion to one’s private life,

What intrusion into private life? You’re at work. The vast majority don’t record when the ignition is fully off, the vast majority are covered when you close your cab curtains.

Unfortunately because you’re not in a workplace where other people can see what you’re doing the only way many of the idiots can get caught is by cameras.

Conor:

yourhavingalarf:
You know…

The more I think about it, the less I’m convinced they prevent accidents. Aside from the obvious intrusion to one’s private life,

What intrusion into private life? You’re at work. The vast majority don’t record when the ignition is fully off, the vast majority are covered when you close your cab curtains.

Unfortunately because you’re not in a workplace where other people can see what you’re doing the only way many of the idiots can get caught is by cameras.

That’s the point…

Though Conor, the idiots get caught after the misdemeanours have taken place. Cameras are just a device to help insurance companies point the finger. Let’s face it, we all love insurance companies.

I believe Ocado have them, and from posts above, it appears Howdens also.

I’m another one that isn’t going to be having a driver facing camera, couldn’t give a tuppenny’s how many idiots the company employs who need (or laughing as shown here actually welcome them :unamused: Dear Lord) such equipment pointed at them, not my problem, i didn’t employ 'em and refuse to be put in the same category.
I was talking to a Mick George’s driver one day a few years back and he mentioned they’d had driver facing cameras fitted, i asked if the union had objected, what union?..so if that’s true they’ve had to take them out due to lack of applicants that’s good news, mate of mine reckons one of big logistics four had them removed because it wasn’t exactly working out how the salesbod flowered it up.

JG Pears have driver facing camera.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Conor:

Yorkshire Tramper:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
You’re not too bright are you!
Front facing cameras that you’ve posted about don’t tend to be “driver facing”, unless you’re clinging to the windscreen wipers.

Now that’s showing a sense of humor :smiley: :smiley:

No, just how thick he is. I’m guessing you’re also in the same boat.

Get a sense of humor mate, it wasnt an insult or slur on your character but merely a funny comment… :unamused:

Whatever they call United Biscuits this week have inward facing cameras, they had them added about 5 years ago.

Wheel Nut:
Whatever they call United Biscuits this week have inward facing cameras, they had them added about 5 years ago.

Thats to stop you eating the biscuits while driving

I’ve been told DS Smith and Air Liquid have driver facing cameras

hkloss1:

I blame Brexit.

Elddis have driver face cameras

robroy:

hkloss1:

I blame Brexit.

I don’t, but I’m glad you are slowly coming to your senses.
You are just approching it from the wrong angle, but you are on the right path, Robroy.
Let’s see how long will it last.

Aaaaaand Shazam!!! Any mention of Brexit ^^^^ and the one trick pony appears. There probably isn’t a lorry driver reading this who has not benefited massively financially as a result of Brexit and still you repeat your bull like a stuck record.

Jon55:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Dannyboy84:
Maritime have a camera in the cab but wouldn’t call it driver facing per say[sic]. It’s on passenger side and views in the cab. And like what most say if your doing nothing wrong what’s the problem and most companies in the near future will have them.

A few points, the words you’re looking for is “per se” although you obviously don’t understand the meaning of it.

if your [sic] doing nothing wrong what’s the problem

absolute rubbish excuse trotted out by “drivers” who will sit back and let employers take the proverbial because they have no backbone.

most companies in the near future will have them

where did you dream that piece of rubbish information up?

Culina front facing cameras and great bear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doesn’t suprise me… health and safety crackers… and them tw@ts at desborough are right lazy bone idle gets… most of their depots have you drop the trailer on a bay to tip it. Used to make you sit in a tin can pre covid. Glad we mainly do drop and swaps there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk