Companies who still pay time nad half after 8 hrs

Situation with drivers pay is going worst and worst so my question is: how many companies still paying time and half after 8 hrs and Sat, double time on Sun ?

So far I know only one in B-ham area - DPD

Anybody knows more?

I think this is interesting topic, because everybody wants to pay stupid FLAT rate all day every day… sad…

who cares!

its also been done to death on another recent thread, what you take home is what matters not if you get time and a half.

I’d rather a good rate all day long rather than a crap rate upto 8hrs which means you have to work 12-15hrs everyday to earn a decent wage.
Luckily for me I don’t have to do long hours to earn a decent wage.

We do 7.5 hours per day flat, next 2 hours time and a third, anything after time and a half, time and half Saturday double bubble Sunday.

scmww:
Situation with drivers pay is going worst and worst so my question is: how many companies still paying time and half after 8 hrs and Sat, double time on Sun ?

So far I know only one in B-ham area - DPD

Anybody knows more?

I think this is interesting topic, because everybody wants to pay stupid FLAT rate all day every day… sad…

Sign of the times,what`s the betting the ones on flat rate all through are taking home the same as you or more for the same or less hours

OK regards time and an half…Sutton’s Widnes… Basiic hours £9.98. Overtime + 40hrs Time and a half…Sat first 5 hrs £14 88p everything after DOUBLE TIME…equals …57 hours per week No breaks stopped… Sensible driving hours…11.5 per day…+ 2 nights out. Take home…£580.00…like a Stobbies driver to say what hours he has to put in to net same take-home pay…

Drift:
We do 7.5 hours per day flat, next 2 hours time and a third, anything after time and a half, time and half Saturday double bubble Sunday.

We never work Sunday’s. We just get a flat rate (AM-PM, Mon-Fri, Sat morning) with no deductions for break (No need to play silly bollox with POA), nice and simple. Unlike other companies as well we have no fuel bonus, meal allowance etc either.

Rog270:
OK regards time and an half…Sutton’s Widnes… Basiic hours £9.98. Overtime + 40hrs Time and a half…Sat first 5 hrs £14 88p everything after DOUBLE TIME…equals …57 hours per week No breaks stopped… Sensible driving hours…11.5 per day…+ 2 nights out. Take home…£580.00…like a Stobbies driver to say what hours he has to put in to net same take-home pay…

Not on for Stobbies but my gig would be 67 hours and 4 nights out to take home equivalent including share scheme and pension deductions.
Wouldnt get out of bed for 57 hours though. Im still surprised im actually paid to do a job I really enjoy.

mrginge:

Drift:

We never work Sunday’s. We just get a flat rate (AM-PM, Mon-Fri, Sat morning) with no deductions for break (No need to play silly bollox with POA), nice and simple. Unlike other companies as well we have no fuel bonus, meal allowance etc either.

It’s rare that we ever work a Sunday and Saturdays are only occasionally and that’s only the mornings , we get £5.75 tax free a day meal allowance if we are out over 12 hours, no fuel bonus or stuff like that.

Muller Wiseman pay time & a half after 39 hours. Time & a half straight through on Saturdays, double bubble on Sundays & double bubble + average hourly rate on Bank Holidays.

Proper old school T&C’s. And yes, they are unionised.

Mr Rob…don’t know why driver don’t understand the benefits under your pay scheme…some on this site try stupidly to wrag this system of pay…citing tax meals etc.but not for me to say most I meet on general haulage are run Ragged over 5 days for £600.00 take home…Seems like we’re Last of the Mohicans to want this pay system

mrginge:

Drift:

Thing is with this site, is there is always someone else whose ■■■■ is bigger. If you happy with your personal t&c’s that’s all that counts. And you two both appear happy, that’s the important bit!

:sunglasses:

F-reds:

mrginge:

Drift:

Thing is with this site, is there is always someone else whose ■■■■ is bigger. If you happy with your personal t&c’s that’s all that counts. And you two both appear happy, that’s the important bit!

:sunglasses:

Yup I am happy now you mention it, decent pay, good wagons and good colleagues and huge variety of work, most interesting :smiley:
Still I like my weekends off :laughing:

war1974:
what you take home is what matters not if you get time and a half.

Exactly.

So lets do some maths and put this to bed. The difference isn’t as big as it sounds and you’re not going to be a millionaire because you get time and a half after 8hrs.

£11hr flat rate paid straight through with breaks paid as they usually do in my experience or £10/hr with time and a half after 8 but breaks deducted.

Industry average according to a FTA study done some years ago is 55hrs a week or 11hrs per shift so we’ll work on that.

£11 per hour straight through is £550 per week.

£10/£15 is £400 basic plus £225 overtime=£625. But you lose 5x45min=3.75hrs pay @ £15/hr=£56.25 so you earn £568.75 so an extra £18.75 a week.

But that’s gross. The difference between the gross and take home for someone on standard PAYE rates would be the £18.75 less 12%NI+20% income tax so that works out at a deduction of 32% of the £18.75 = a take home difference of £12.75.

Breaks aside, for all hours you get paid the break even point when time and a half after 8hrs matches the straight through pay of the above example is 50hrs. For every additional hour above that the person on time and a half puts an extra £2.72/hr in their pocket after tax/NI. So for a 60hr working week the person on time and a half is just £27.20 better off in take home pay.

£27.20p extra a week is what your average heating bills are…it don’t ARF add up…plus add non breaks stopped… £37 .50p a week …minus Ni @ 12% and tax at 20%…Equate that over Max hours and the difference is shocking…coz most driver are maxed out…? Ave. £11 per hour for 75 hour week .forget tax incentives IE meal etc that’s what they earn…

Rog270:
£27.20p extra a week is what your average heating bills are…it don’t ARF add up…plus add non breaks stopped… £37 .50p a week …minus Ni @ 12% and tax at 20%…Equate that over Max hours and the difference is shocking…coz most driver are maxed out…? Ave. £11 per hour for 75 hour week .forget tax incentives IE meal etc that’s what they earn…

Most drivers aren’t maxed out or anything like it. Like I said, the FTA study showed an average of 55hrs a week.

Its a sad indictment of the industry that many are prepared to accept tax breaks like meal allowances and night out money as being part of their salary so they can convince themselves they’re on a decent income. My mate does it. “I’m going to earn £32k this year”. Yeah you are but you leave home on Monday, get back Saturday and £6k of that is night out money.

Mr Conor…said it so much better than I can

Conor:

Rog270:

Most drivers aren’t maxed out or anything like it. Like I said, the FTA study showed an average of 55hrs a week.

Its a sad indictment of the industry that many are prepared to accept tax breaks like meal allowances and night out money as being part of their salary so they can convince themselves they’re on a decent income. My mate does it. “I’m going to earn £32k this year”. Yeah you are but you leave home on Monday, get back Saturday and £6k of that is night out money.

And in the real world i`ve been working for my local council for the last 6 months. 10.88 ph @ 37 hours a week. O/T @ time and half. Work 7.5 hours per day Mon to Fri. 26+bank hols= 34 days hols per year. Goes up by 2 days per year for 5 years.I drive a 18 ton about 3hrs per day. Home every night (not always a good thing)

I will never been a millionare but will have a very very good pension.

Good luck lads.