Companies in the Kent area?!

Been taking a look around the Kent area for any companies who may be after class one drivers, it seems that the only things being advertised are by agencies though.

If anyone knows if any companies may be on the lookout please leave a message cheers!

What’s up with S and K then ?

What sort of Kent area you looking at mate? And what kind of job? Days/Tramping etc?

Morrisons and Waitrose are looking for drivers at the moment if you like supermarket jobs although for morrisons the wages are not perfect and for Waitrose it is hard to get in and you definitely have to be British as they are a bit … .

bald bloke:

I think you got me confused with ‘The Sarge’!

Scarab:
What sort of Kent area you looking at mate? And what kind of job? Days/Tramping etc?

I am living in Maidstone now and dont mind either in all honesty, tramping at the moment so happy enough to crack on with that, only problem is that every job online seems to be an agency!

andi_cardiff:

bald bloke:

I thought you worked away from base for them . :blush:

bald bloke:

andi_cardiff:

bald bloke:

I thought you worked away from base for them . :blush:

Ahhh nah mate, I am with PM Rees, though still away from base! Getting a bit annoyed with a few things and have joined the queue of drivers looking for something new!

As has been said, Sainsburys at Dartford always seem to be looking, when I was there a few weeks ago there was a sign outside the Maidstone International Freight Terminal (Which is basically just a warehouse now, with a grand name) saying Class 1 drivers wanted.

Dropped a load off for Algiers! could be an interesting run?

Scarab:
As has been said, Sainsburys at Dartford always seem to be looking, when I was there a few weeks ago there was a sign outside the Maidstone International Freight Terminal (Which is basically just a warehouse now, with a grand name) saying Class 1 drivers wanted.

Dropped a load off for Algiers! could be an interesting run?

Cheers, will take a look into it!

Mister strood you seem to have missed your end off to your post re: waitrose being a bit? Please share what your thinking. And let it be noted we do have drivers working for us from other eu countries. I do understand that times are hard for drivers in the kent area with the loss of a few large transport firms of late, it must be really hard for families at the mo. But on the other hand saying its hard to get into waitrose mite put drivers off and thats not we want, we do demamd high standards but its opem to every driver to step up to the plate and show how good they are.

Depends what you want ! Tramping, Euro tramping or day/night trunking. I know there are a few companies in the dover area that maybe worth a try. Sealane Transport, Mike Beer/online, then there’s Swains of strood, Eurobulk rochester, Lenham storage - lenham, Les Knight faversham, Castleden transport, J C Fiolet have an office in sevenoaks, just but to name a few…

R. Swain & Sons LTD, based in Prioy Road, Rochester.

Top firm, I know I work for them

Cheers for the intel guys, looking for some tramping work for the week so fingers crossed something turns up, spoke to a few companies so will see if anything comes of it!

Waitrose jobs based at Aylesford,near maidstone apply at waitrose .com

dardie40:
Mister strood you seem to have missed your end off to your post re: waitrose being a bit? Please share what your thinking. And let it be noted we do have drivers working for us from other eu countries. I do understand that times are hard for drivers in the kent area with the loss of a few large transport firms of late, it must be really hard for families at the mo. But on the other hand saying its hard to get into waitrose mite put drivers off and thats not we want, we do demamd high standards but its opem to every driver to step up to the plate and show how good they are.

Seems even people who can’t spell are welcome.

Lol ex haulier fat fingers on i phone , open to every one