Companies from towns&villages along A65 Skipton to Kendal

Dieselcowboy:
Many thanks to all who’ve posted. I’ve no idea if my letter went into the local paper or not, I would like to think the lack of replies indicates this!! The illusive pictures of J.M Staveley’s early Scania’s still evade me! I would like to think that somewhere out there, someone must have a picture or two of the old 111’s and 80’s!

I have a memory like a sieve!!!

BonkeyDollocks’s photos reminded me of several other J M Staveley trucks in my collection. Do note however that the Scania (black & white photo) did not belong to J M Staveley, but one of the relations!!!

Plus a few more Volvos from the Settle area

Barry

Dieselcowboy:
Many thanks to all who’ve posted. I’ve no idea if my letter went into the local paper or not, I would like to think the lack of replies indicates this!! The illusive pictures of J.M Staveley’s early Scania’s still evade me! I would like to think that somewhere out there, someone must have a picture or two of the old 111’s and 80’s!

Some of the ‘Black Daf Gang’ out of Settle

Barry/Gloves

Many thanks to “Gloves” for the photographs of the tippers. :slight_smile:
They bring back memories of when I met (dodged :unamused: :smiley: ) them on the A 65 on Thursday mornings when heading to
Hellifield and Gisburn auctions .

This Is the rear-end of L. & W. Wilsons toothpick, - the front views are earlier on this page . The front corner of the ■■■■■■ vehicle is shown keeping the Stagecoach buses away from any contact with thedouble knuckle joint`. :smiley:

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

cattle wagon man:
They bring back memories of when I met (dodged :unamused: :smiley: ) them on the A 65 on Thursday mornings when heading to

This Is the rear-end of L. & W. Wilsons toothpick, - the front views are earlier on this page . The front corner of the ■■■■■■ vehicle is shown keeping the Stagecoach buses away from any contact with thedouble knuckle joint`. :smiley:

I know the driver of the bus you’re refering to there, very lucky guy in that accident.

cattle wagon man:

To keep the thread going, as it seems a little quiet at the moment

Barry/Gloves

That unknown Settle wagon was mine for a while. I bought it from a Wigan haulier so don’t know where it was
originally. It didn’t last long but did well for the short time I had it.

Barry/Gloves, your photos are fantastic!!! You wouldn’t happen to have any photos of any of the wagons Warren’s ran from Stainforth in the 80’s/90’s (co’s I’m not having much success in find any)? If my memory is correct they ran a fleet of predominately Volvo’s (perhaps 3 or 4 eight wheelers tippers and a couple of Artics). I’m guessing most of their work would have been from Dry Rigg Quarry (Helwith Bridge). I think the cabs were white; with an L-shaped 3 shade (Turquoise/Green) stripe that ran down the sleeper and feed across the front; albeit they were not sign written. Cheers - Simon

Truck Traveller:
Barry/Gloves, your photos are fantastic!!! You wouldn’t happen to have any photos of any of the wagons Warren’s ran from Stainforth in the 80’s/90’s (co’s I’m not having much success in find any)? If my memory is correct they ran a fleet of predominately Volvo’s (perhaps 3 or 4 eight wheelers tippers and a couple of Artics). I’m guessing most of their work would have been from Dry Rigg Quarry (Helwith Bridge). I think the cabs were white; with an L-shaped 3 shade (Turquoise/Green) stripe that ran down the sleeper and feed across the front; albeit they were not sign written. Cheers - Simon

Sod’s Law!!!

Either the sun, when ever it comes out is in the wrong place or the trucks are parked so tightly that unable to get a good photo, if at all. Usually I took the photo anyway, hoping that one day I could return and re=do it (rarely happened).

There was obviously a strong tie-up between Warren’s and Howarth’s, especially with the last two photos - same truck. All photos in Stainforth.

Barry/Gloves

Truck Traveller:

Few Volvos from Stainforth and when they moved into Settle

Barry/Gloves

Truck Traveller:

Some Volvo 8 wheelers, with and without lettering. Last photo taken in 2002 and never able to see anymore since then, so maybe they have gone the way of many other firms, more is the pity, or simply retired!!!

Barry/Gloves

Chaps, I’ve had zero response to my letter in the local paper, in fact I have no idea if it went in or not as I had no reply from the bloke I e mailed, I think he was the editor. So, plan B. Are J.M Staveley still going? If so does anyone have any contact details for them, and I will try writing to them direct?
Thanks in advance.

21 photos Barry — Wow!! The hours I’ve lost looking for photos of these wagons from photo sellers at shows and on the web is unreal! :blush: :blush: :blush:

As I recall (and I may stand corrected on this one), John Howarth is Mick Warren’s father-in-law. They worked together until Mick took over the business from John.

Can’t thank you enough.

I really regret not taking more photos myself back then!

Thankfully you appear to have done it for me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:  Cheers :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

P.S Keep them coming!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Folks,
A photo from George Staveley , B&F Staveley Newby Moor Clapham A65.

Cheers Malc

malc step:
Hi Folks,

Cheers Malc

Cracking motor Malc. I drove several different lorries of that era, those were one of my favourites.
Cheers Dave.

malc step:
Hi Folks,

Cheers Malc

This May have been James Watkinsons of keighley

malc step:
Hi Folks,
A few tankers which use A65 daily
S J Bargh Hellifield depot,

Harry Lawson,

Castle Cement going to Clitheroe,

Montgomery Heysham Dock parked at Ingleton

S J Bargh parked at Ingleton,

Cheers Malc.

Superb Photos

malc step:
Hi Folks,

Cheers Malc

Hi Folks,
Another from george

Cheers Malc.

Could be of interest to people who come on here,

Hi Folks,
Old Eric Metcalfe passed away couple of weeks ago 83 years old.

Cheers Malc.

[at tachment=0]Photo0282.jpg[/attachment] Now then how many old boys on here have been through here.