William Baines Ingleton Two going over M6 Shap ■■■■■■■■

On the old A65 Giggleswick nr Settle

Cheers Malc.

malc step:
Hi Folks,
William Baines Ingleton Two going over M6 Shap ■■■■■■■■

On the old A65 Giggleswick nr Settle

Cheers Malc.

Cracking pics Malc,good to see the contrast between the old and the new roads.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Folks,
Old one of Lishmans Ingleton Ex Browns of Otley,

Cheers Malc.

I will ask my Dad I am sure he will have some stories to tell me bout some of these

Dalesman:
Hi.
Anyone Remeber these hauliers from the 40’s/50’s and earlier. P E Roberts, Ingleton. 3 smart gray tippers. J W Morphet, calf dealer Ingleton, 2 Austins.
Tommy Staveley, Ingleton, Cattle transport. 1 Seddon. Clem Bibby & Son, Ingleton, milk transport, 2 Seddons & 1Austin, (first wagon I drove).
Bill Jones, Ingleton. T & G Midleton, Ingleton, coal merchants. George Knowles, Westhouse, coal merchant. XL Granite had several 7 ton Bedfords.
O Patzelt, (a German) had a smart green Leyland Octopus tipper, on contract to Grenwoods quarry, Helwith Bridge, I think? Jack Wagget, Burton, knackerman, Ford A type. Joe Winn, Blacksmith, Bentham, 2 tippers, mainly on contract to Settle R D C, taken over by Steve Armsrong? Millers Bentham, milk transport. Tommy Slinger, Bentham, hay & sraw merchant. Bob Cowin, Bentham, livestock transport, 5 wagons. Jim Pedley, livestock, 2 wagons at one time. Tommy Hargreaves, Newby, general haulage. Jim Parkin, Eldroth, farmer & livestock, 1 Commer 15 mile radious B licence. Taken over by Carter Dent, Settle. Bill Coates, Settle, Coal merchant & haulage. Settle Limes Ltd, 1 Foden two stroke, 2 A E C’s tippers. Stainforth Haulage, several wagons, bought out by Howarth’s Ingleton. John Rushton, Long Preston, 2 Austins. Norman Hartley & son, Kirkby Lonsdale, 2 cattle wagons. Pelters, Wittington several tippers.
When Adam Lithgoe opened Ribblehead quarry they had several contractors working for them, carting and spredding lime, the ones I can remember are,
Doug Chapman, Rob Mitton, both Ingleton, and Fred Richards, Bentham.
I think thats enough for now. I am sure you will remember many more.
Regards Dalesman.

Miss S:
I will ask my Dad I am sure he will have some stories to tell me bout some of these

Dalesman:
Hi.
Anyone Remeber these hauliers from the 40’s/50’s and earlier. P E Roberts, Ingleton. 3 smart gray tippers. J W Morphet, calf dealer Ingleton, 2 Austins.
Tommy Staveley, Ingleton, Cattle transport. 1 Seddon. Clem Bibby & Son, Ingleton, milk transport, 2 Seddons & 1Austin, (first wagon I drove).
Bill Jones, Ingleton. T & G Midleton, Ingleton, coal merchants. George Knowles, Westhouse, coal merchant. XL Granite had several 7 ton Bedfords.
O Patzelt, (a German) had a smart green Leyland Octopus tipper, on contract to Grenwoods quarry, Helwith Bridge, I think? Jack Wagget, Burton, knackerman, Ford A type. Joe Winn, Blacksmith, Bentham, 2 tippers, mainly on contract to Settle R D C, taken over by Steve Armsrong? Millers Bentham, milk transport. Tommy Slinger, Bentham, hay & sraw merchant. Bob Cowin, Bentham, livestock transport, 5 wagons. Jim Pedley, livestock, 2 wagons at one time. Tommy Hargreaves, Newby, general haulage. Jim Parkin, Eldroth, farmer & livestock, 1 Commer 15 mile radious B licence. Taken over by Carter Dent, Settle. Bill Coates, Settle, Coal merchant & haulage. Settle Limes Ltd, 1 Foden two stroke, 2 A E C’s tippers. Stainforth Haulage, several wagons, bought out by Howarth’s Ingleton. John Rushton, Long Preston, 2 Austins. Norman Hartley & son, Kirkby Lonsdale, 2 cattle wagons. Pelters, Wittington several tippers.
When Adam Lithgoe opened Ribblehead quarry they had several contractors working for them, carting and spredding lime, the ones I can remember are,
Doug Chapman, Rob Mitton, both Ingleton, and Fred Richards, Bentham.
I think thats enough for now. I am sure you will remember many more.
Regards Dalesman.

Hi,
And see if you can find any photo’s to put on site.

Cheers Malc.

Got a email from your Den this morning saying it was +34 over there we had a -37 3 weeks ago a lot of difference in temp there,any how all the best for Christmas and the New year malc.

Hello Folks,

Hope you have all had a fantastic Christmas Holiday with your families.

Here are some festive A65 photos.

P.S. I joined trucknet earlier this year and for me it’s been ‘a real good experience’ (starting on this thread). A special thanks therefore to Malc who’s managed to get hold of some cracking photos.

Wife’s not quite as enthusiastic, but hey ho you can’t win them all (come to think of it; any as far as she’s concerned).

Kind regards

Simon

Hi Folks,
A few more from J & A Hellifield

Cheers Malc

Hi Folks,
Lishmans Ingleton,

Cheers Malc.

Hi Folks,
Just posting the last photos from one of Howarths lads album
some scanned ok others not

Cheers Malc.

malc step:
Hi Folks,

4That must have been sam barghs motor there eh?

Cheers Malc.

scaniaontheroad:

malc step:
Hi Folks,

4That must have been sam barghs motor there eh?

Cheers Malc.

Hi Tony,
Yes the Kidds scania on the last photo not the forklift
you have marked!!

Cheers Malc.

Bewick:
Hiya Malc,two nice shots there,what was the date approx?I remember that Malc Woodhouse bought an 8 wheeler Atki tipper along with what he told me was a lucrative job from the Quarry to Preston with dust.The regular driver came with the motor as well but I can’t re-call his name although MW spoke well of him! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis,
Talking to David Bradshaw today the driver of the 8 wheeler
was Dereck Rigby ? The dust went to Cottamhall Brickworks Fullwood nr Preston
3 loads a day.
The reason MW spoke well of him was he used to chauffer
MW around probably to North End!
P.S David said he once bought a Atki unit from you because it
had a good radio in it but when he went to collect it radio had
dissapeared along with anybody who might have known about it !!

Cheers Malc.

malc step:

Bewick:
Hiya Malc,two nice shots there,what was the date approx?I remember that Malc Woodhouse bought an 8 wheeler Atki tipper along with what he told me was a lucrative job from the Quarry to Preston with dust.The regular driver came with the motor as well but I can’t re-call his name although MW spoke well of him! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis,
3 loads a day.

Cheers Malc.

Hiya Malc,All the Best to you for 2011! I can’t re-call the sale of the Atki,but if I sold something “as seen” it was delivered in that condition! Maybe the radio was the drivers property which they did occaisionlly fit in the workshop.I did used to have to lay down the law sometimes as the fitters would have picked the carcasses clean on those motors I sold!!! Get me a reg no and I’ll have a think on it! Dennis.

Hi Folks,
A few more from Derek Wolfenden Hellifield,

Cheers Malc.

Bewick:

malc step:

Bewick:

Hi Dennis,
3 loads a day.

Cheers Malc.

Hiya Malc,All the Best to you for 2011! I can’t re-call the sale of the Atki,but if I sold something “as seen” it was delivered in that condition! Maybe the radio was the drivers property which they did occaisionlly fit in the workshop.I did used to have to lay down the law sometimes as the fitters would have picked the carcasses clean on those motors I sold!!! Get me a reg no and I’ll have a think on it! Dennis.

Hi Dennis,
Happy new year,Don’t panic! David stopped to have a natter
on Laundry Lane Ingleton while he was waiting to see if Hanson
Quarry at Ingleton had anymore High rated loads in!!! so we put the
world to right.

HI Folks,
A few more of D.Bradshaw from ex driver Les Ely,

Cheers Malc

Anyone know this lad from Ingleton.
Ken Head Ingleton Foden.jpg

Stanfield:
Anyone know this lad from Ingleton.