Companies from towns&villages along A65 Skipton to Kendal

yappie:

Dieselcowboy:
Yappie, would have been circa 1974.

you would have been at school at same time as me as i would have been about 7 then :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :angry: :laughing: :laughing: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh no JR we arn’t running round the school yard again arguing about who has the longest piece of string and the biggest train are we !!Dennis.

malc step:

truckfing:
Don’t know anything about these but Ingleton on the door marks it for this thread. It would have been taken about 7 years ago.

Hi Truckfing,
Was part of Redheads coal merchants ingleton but has recently been sold to CPL Petroleum they have
also taken over Delta fuels kendal (dennis’s Bewick) old firm.My brothers just retired from
them heres a couple of his old motors

The driver of the 6 wheeler is Dave Redhead he’s now working his notice then going
working on the coal.
Cheers Malc.

Hiya Malc Bayfords took Delta over unless CPL have now taken Bayfords over recently? Who did ■■■■ & David get their Derv off? Kenny Moore at Speed?? Dennis.

yappie:

Dieselcowboy:
Yappie, would have been circa 1974.

you would have been at school at same time as me as i would have been about 7 then :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :angry: :laughing: :laughing: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I reckon you were a year above me maybe then. I’m sure I was 6 when we moved from there to Weymouth.

I’m guessing you had no luck yet Malc?

Dieselcowboy:
I’m guessing you had no luck yet Malc?

Hi Dieselcowboy,
Found just a bit out ,The colours of the cabs were orange with white bumpers,The
artic was driven when new by Cyril Bibby and he rolled it on M6 at charnock richard
when it was only afew weeks old carrying spuds or crap from Heysham Dock.
Later on they carried concrete lintels etc.out of Carnforth.I Will keep digging for
more info.
Cheers Malc.

Hi Folks,
Ken Head owner operator Ireby nr Ingleton

Ex Handleys Kirkby Stephen

Cheers Malc.

Hi Folks,
Ingletons S.J. Best

Cheers Malc.

malc step:
Hi Folks,

Cheers Malc.

That’s a tidy looking FL eight legger Malc.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

malc step:
Hi Folks,

Cheers Malc.

Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave,
Sure was he’s now retired probabley truck as well!
Cheers Malc.

malc step:

Dave the Renegade:

malc step:
Hi Folks,

Cheers Malc.

Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave,
Sure was he’s now retired probabley truck as well!
Cheers Malc.

Hi Malc,
Probably is now,it’s D reg 1986,although there is an operator in this area running a D reg six wheeler Constructor.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Folks,
Howarth Bros Ingleton,
First sleeper cab 265 gardner driven by Bob Mitton

Box van getting a wash by Bob Mitton and Martin Haston ( ■■■■ and Davids nephew ) poseing with brush now drives for
Dents at Penrith.

Cheers Malc.

malc step:
Hi Folks,
Howarth Bros Ingleton,
First sleeper cab 240 gardner driven by Bob Mitton

Box van getting a wash by Bob Mitton and Martin Haston ( ■■■■ and Davids nephew ) poseing with brush now drives for
Dents at Penrith.

Cheers Malc.

Hey Malc.Have you got any photos of our Malcolm Haston around the yard,i would have only been 13 or 14 when i used to run with our Martin in the school holidays.Tony.

malc step:
Hi Folks,
Ingletons S.J. Best

Cheers Malc.

(was that stuarts first truck)

scaniaontheroad:
Hey Malc.Have you got any photos of our Malcolm Haston around the yard,i would have only been 13 or 14 when i used to run with our Martin in the school holidays.Tony.

Hi Tony,
Sorry can’t spot him on any i’ll ask martin when i see him.
Mr Best first truck he drove for Harry Alderson

He then drove this for abit then bought it when Harry retired

Then bought this new,

Cheers Malc.

Hi Folks,
A few tippers at Ingleton

Sunters DAF from Horton in Ribblesdale,

Fox DAF from Settle

Cheers Malc

xxxxx

Hey Malc,whats Besty up to nowadays,last i heard of him he was at kidds and he had got a fresh motor,also heard Chris Mitton was driving for SRM at Heysham,its nearly 6 years since i left kidds and moved out to Canada,so lost touch with who is where and what they are doing,also what is your Dennis up to nowadays.All the best,Tony.

scaniaontheroad:
Hey Malc,whats Besty up to nowadays,last i heard of him he was at kidds and he had got a fresh motor,also heard Chris Mitton was driving for SRM at Heysham,its nearly 6 years since i left kidds and moved out to Canada,so lost touch with who is where and what they are doing,also what is your Dennis up to nowadays.All the best,Tony.

Hi Tony,
Our Dennis now lives in Perth Australia. Chris is still at SRM holiday camp.Besty bought a 2003 reg DAF but after awhile he couldn’t stand the pace so he
sold up, he now goes to Bibbys of Ingleton a few days a week!.

Cheers Malc.

Hi Folks,
Howarth Bros Ingleton,
Best thing for a Clydesdale driver was OK.

You can just see W.Baines yard on the new industrial site (a long time ago)

Another sleeper cab and ARC Ingleton based Foden 8 wheeler parked on Mason’s Arms carpark.

Cheers Malc.