Companies from towns&villages along A65 Skipton to Kendal

malc step:
Hi Folks,
Photos from erf trailblazer competition at oulton park (i think)
driver alan stephenson (Buttons) photo taken by another Howarth driver
Brian Stephenson,

Hi Dennis do you want proof its a 8LXB?
Cheers Malc.

I believe you Malc that it was an 8LXB 'cause I’ve sat in it!!! What was all that about at Oulton Park then? I hope it was in your own time and not ■■■■ & David’s!!! Dennis.

Bewick:

malc step:
Hi Folks,
A few more of D.Bradshaw’s from ex driver Les Ely,

Dennis would that be a load for you to barrow?
Cheers Malc.

Nowt to do with us Malc! But we did have the mate to that F10 GFR790S I put a shot of it on the South Wales site parked on its side at Droitwhich!!! If we were down round Plymouth we loaded China clay ex E C C Quarries for Beetham Mill.Cheers Dennis.

Here’s a pair of Bewick Volvo’s parked in the depot at Milnthorpe the one on the left is the mate to David Bradshaw’s 791S.Dennis.

Hi Folks,
Stuart J Best Ingleton,

Cheers Malc

Hi Folks,
William Baines Ingleton,

Cheers Malc.

Whats tgv trailblazer sunstrip on the erf all about? i have one of those sunstrips rolled up in my dads loft,always wondered what it meant?

it was a one off driving competition in 1977 at oulton park for erf owners i think it was by invitation only tgb were wagon agents from clitheroe one of the sponsers i think driving howorths b series was alan stephenson i was his mate and i took a coach down with drivers and staff from ingleton he did well in the comp so keep the sun strip there wont be any around

cheers bibs,

wondered for years what it meant,i must of been given it as a kid although we had no erfs,which is odd.

will try and dig it out now.

Hi Folks,
Lishmans Plant Hire Ingleton,
Renaults

In a better condition.R527 WNA

Cheers Malc.

Hi Folks,
Howarth Bros Ingleton,
First two new B series 240 gardners LWU 744P & OWY 727P

Fridgevan.

Nice to have a handy refreshment place next to depot.

Cheers Malc.

Chaps,
great thread. I am hoping some of you lads can help me, I did post a thread a long time ago and got zero response, but seeing the areas you chaps are talking about, I have fresh hope. I am trying to track down photos of trucks run by a company, but I am not sure where they were based. As a child I lived in a village called Warton, near Carnforth. A neighbour of mine worked for a firm called J.M.Staveley, and parked his Scania on his driveway, or if he had an early start in the village. They could have been based nearby, but we never visited the yard from what I remember. As far as I remember the cabs were red and they had white bumpers, and he had rigids as well as artics. He used to run up to Scotland to collect trailers from Stranraer, and I guess they tipped them in Northern England.My friends name was Bill McLaren, and when he left J.M.Staveley he went to work as a fitter for B&W Motors. Any leads would be welcome, I am thinking about writing a letter into a local paper to Carnforth to see if anyone recognises this and can help me with photo, but for the time being it would be great if someone recognises the company and remembers anything. Thanks.

Dieselcowboy:
Chaps,
great thread. I am hoping some of you lads can help me, I did post a thread a long time ago and got zero response, but seeing the areas you chaps are talking about, I have fresh hope. I am trying to track down photos of trucks run by a company, but I am not sure where they were based. As a child I lived in a village called Warton, near Carnforth. A neighbour of mine worked for a firm called J.M.Staveley, and parked his Scania on his driveway, or if he had an early start in the village. They could have been based nearby, but we never visited the yard from what I remember. As far as I remember the cabs were red and they had white bumpers, and he had rigids as well as artics. He used to run up to Scotland to collect trailers from Stranraer, and I guess they tipped them in Northern England.My friends name was Bill McLaren, and when he left J.M.Staveley he went to work as a fitter for B&W Motors. Any leads would be welcome, I am thinking about writing a letter into a local paper to Carnforth to see if anyone recognises this and can help me with photo, but for the time being it would be great if someone recognises the company and remembers anything. Thanks.

Hi Dieselcowboy,
J.M.Staveley were/are based at Newby nr Ingleton on the A65 just behind what is now
the Little Chef.One of the nephews i think? runs a silver Scania with bulk tipper trailor.
They had a 6 wheel rigid and a tractor unit both scania 80 or 81.both old lads are still
about i will see if i can find anymore out when i go for a pint tonight.
Cheers Malc.

Malc,
you don’t know how pleased I am to hear that, fantastic! Thank you. Any contact or info you could get for me would be great, I really want to see if any photos exist of the trucks as I spent time in both as a child, even ‘driving’ one (sat on Bills lap) on the M6 one day! Thanks again, this means the world to me.

I think the Trailblazer competition ran in later years under differing names. I was given some pictures a couple of years ago by the chap who shared a wagon with my dad, one of which depicted him stood in front of their wagon (FWM267Y) which was a C Series ERF. It was taken at Oulton Park and from what he told me, it was a similar setup, with wagons from customers who were invited by ERF agents. In this case it was Perris & Kearon who asked Allied Mills and they sent my dad’s mate. Dunno whether he won anything - I’ll ask next time I see him.

hi dieselcowboy
i have lived in warton for the last 40 years just trying to remember the driver your on about did he live up around croftlands!!!my dad had some wagons he parked them in the old quarry on crag road cheers yappie

Hi Yappie,
I had to speak to my dad about this, as i was only 6 when i lived there, although my memories are very good. We lived in Newcroft, number 1. Bill McLaren lived opposite us, so we think it was Newcroft too, although our immediate neighbour lived on Croftlands we think, he was on the corner, sorry to make it confusing! So, yes he lived around the Croftlands area,he used to park his unit on his driveway, but sometimes somewhere round the corner, in Croftlands maybe? He also parked a couple of times at the bottom of the village somewhere, i remember having to pass my school to get to the truck in the morning. He also used a truck park somewhere out of the village, near a major road, it was not fenced, just a large gravel parking area, dad seems to think it was somewhere near the M6 junction and was a poular place to park? I am sure the cabs were red, with white bumpers maybe? He went to work for B&W Motors, I remember the boss had a large yank pick up, then he emigrated to South Africa to work. I believe he came back to the Carnforth area eventually, but not sure.

yer dieseldonkey think he used to park it down chapel walk was it around late 70’s early80’s

Yappie, would have been circa 1974.

Don’t know anything about these but Ingleton on the door marks it for this thread. It would have been taken about 7 years ago.

truckfing:
Don’t know anything about these but Ingleton on the door marks it for this thread. It would have been taken about 7 years ago.

Hi Truckfing,
Was part of Redheads coal merchants ingleton but has recently been sold to CPL Petroleum they have
also taken over Delta fuels kendal (dennis’s Bewick) old firm.My brothers just retired from
them heres a couple of his old motors

The driver of the 6 wheeler is Dave Redhead he’s now working his notice then going
working on the coal.
Cheers Malc.

Dieselcowboy:
Yappie, would have been circa 1974.

you would have been at school at same time as me as i would have been about 7 then :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :angry: :laughing: :laughing: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: