Companies doing european work?

Hi, I’m looking for companies that do european work, not bothered what type or how long it’s away.
I live in east anglia but I’m willing to travel.
Any advice on what companies would be appreciated.

I’ve just got a start with S&K, they’re based in Barry. I live the other end of the country and this wasn’t a problem. I’m doing 2/3 weeks at a time and they said that they would try when possible to get me a load around my area so could take truck home.

Other companies recruiting now are - Mike Beer, Euro tipper work. I think they’re based in Dover.
Stobarts are wanting euro drivers based at Aveley for biomass. They get home every weekend.
Tipro where advertising a month or so ago, think they were somewhere around Anglia.

Thanks, would it be too much to ask what the wages are like at s&k?

Stobart are looking for international drivers to be based at Sittingbourne.
Sea Lane near Dover are usually looking for European drivers.

The guy did explain it all but I only took so much in [WINKING FACE]. They basically run a three tier bonus system so if your willing to crack on you earn the money. The long distance euro lads are apparently earning anything between £600 - £800 pw. Give them a call and ask for Andy Donnelly. They done a telephone interview with me as I live 200+ mile away

andyj31:
Hi, I’m looking for companies that do european work, not bothered what type or how long it’s away.

You need to be willing to travel if you’re looking for work as a truck driver on European work. It’s almost certainly going to involve a considerable amount of travel. :wink:

I don’t know who does Europe from East Anglia, other than Richard Longs near Norwich and Matthews (eat more chips).

Makavelli:
Other companies recruiting now are - Mike Beer, Euro tipper work. I think they’re based in Dover.
Stobarts are wanting euro drivers based at Aveley for biomass. They get home every weekend.
Tipro where advertising a month or so ago, think they were somewhere around Anglia.

Is it by choice then that some of the stobarts biomass drivers are away 6/7 weeks a time going back and forwards to belgium when I have been unfortunate enough to have to listen to one on the train they talk as thou it is a company thing

As far as I’m aware it must be the drivers choice. I phoned them and got the job on a Monday to Friday basis. They said it was upto me if I wanted to weekend away and that most lads are home Fridays. I’m not taking it as S&K also gave me a start and they go much further afield.

Richard and Lorraine Long are getting divorced.She has applied for an O licence for 38 trucks.
They haul combines/irrigation kit/tractors and wide loads all over Europe and TIR countries.
S&K have UK only work,Belgium only and home weekends or many weeks away on Europe and Eastern Europe.
Brian Yeardley at Wakefield has high volume groupage trailers that cover France/Spain and Italy in left hand drive trucks.
They also cover concerts and exhibitions in box van trailers.

If you want to do European work I reckon your best bet is to try IRISH firms,there are still lots of firms from Ireland north and south that do Europe the big downturn in European work for british hauliers over the last 10 to 12 years does not seem to have affected irish hauliers in the same way.
As Simon already mentioned Richard Long from nr wymondham do a lot of farm machinery/plant work on low loaders to Europe and Matthews from great Yarmouth do a lot of fridge work to Europe,other firms from east Anglia that i see in Europe are H.C.Wilson (low loaders) and M.D.F. Transport from Great Yarmouth who do a lot of oil and gas industry related transport on flats/low loaders.
Denby Transport from Lincoln also do a lot of work to France/Belgium with curtainsiders and flats/low loaders.

Turners of Soham?? Not sure if they still run into Europe but they do seem to have quite a few vacancies around the country!

turners-distribution.com/vacancies.php

Simon:

andyj31:

You need to be willing to travel if you’re looking for work as a truck driver on European work. It’s almost certainly going to involve a considerable amount of travel. :wink:

I don’t know who does Europe from East Anglia, other than Richard Longs near Norwich and Matthews (eat more chips).

I thought Mortimer was eat more chips, not Mathews

switchlogic:

Simon:

andyj31:

I thought Mortimer was eat more chips, not Mathews

+1

Mortimers was Eat more chips but they are now t/a Broughton transport services Ltd.Pay is £69 per day.

toby1234abc:
Mortimers was Eat more chips but they are now t/a Broughton transport services Ltd.Pay is £69 per day.

where does the que start for that job :laughing: :laughing:

hanson:

toby1234abc:

where does the que start for that job :laughing: :laughing:

They have some nice new red curtain siders though !!

toby1234abc:
…Pay is £69 per day.

Would that be the first part of the day, the middle part of the day of the last part of the day!! :unamused: :unamused:

£4.60 per hour if do a 15 hour shift.Pot Noodles for dinner then ?

toby1234abc:
Richard and Lorraine Long are getting divorced.She has applied for an O licence for 38 trucks.
They haul combines/irrigation kit/tractors and wide loads all over Europe and TIR countries.

Well that is good news
She was a rotten old witch and he was an inter-breaded norfolk pig
So I guess it was a marriage made in heaven
So wont be seeing any of there trucks on the road now YIPPY
Best of luck hope they go bankrupt