Companies around Sunderland/Newcastle who take in newbies?

Hi all,

Passed my C+E last week and have sent a decent amount of CV’s out and also went knocking on doors. Just wondering if anyone knows of companies that do definitely take on newbies around this neck of the woods?

Cheers

Martyn

hi martyn, try the co-op at birtley. i was in the same boat as you a few years ago and they gave me a chance.
they were a cracking set of lads and a good place to work. if you show willing and keeness they’re ok.
some right dodgy places to get into though. i only left because you had to work some saturdays and it interfered with the footie :smiley:

Hi,

I’ll drop a cv and cover letter off to them on Monday.

Cheers

Fowler Welch at Washington said I’d hear back from them within the week when I handed cv in but never heard anything, I’m assuming that’ll be because they took a look and seen I’ve got nodriving experience at the minute as always been in a bloody office. Will give them a call on Monday though to show that I’m keen :slight_smile:

Martyn

MrMartyn1984:
Hi all,

Passed my C+E last week and have sent a decent amount of CV’s out and also went knocking on doors. Just wondering if anyone knows of companies that do definitely take on newbies around this neck of the woods?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi
Try rightway training South Shields, 0191 4974420, they’re an agency and they set new drivers on, and they may advise you who else.

i tried to reply to you earlier but havent a clue where that went…LOL.

hi pal these arent the best but if you can handle 4/5 nights out a week and a pay off around 400-500 a week give hargreaves services a try they will take on newbies and give you two weeks training yes its tippers but its only coal and biomass mainly. If you go there stick to the law and dont let any office (zb) tell you anything else.

Cheers for the replies. I’m hoping to get either days or nights but not tramping, I know it’s being picky for a newbie but with having a little one, I want to see her even if it isn’t for much of a day.

Been to Right Way and signed up, think it’s a little harder for them to try and find me work with already having a mon-fri job, which I hate and desperately want out! They said will try and find me some weekend work every other weekend to fit in with the WTD, will see if I hear from them.

If you are desperate and want ■■■■ wages with max hours and more try kent connection they will take anybody on

tilerman:
If you are desperate and want [zb] wages with max hours and more try kent connection they will take anybody on

They might give him the odd weekend shift as well.
I thought the agencies would be happier finding odd weekend shifts than full week ones :frowning:
I always used to struggle to find drivers for Saturday mornings. When we had all run out of hours. Actually Hargreaves might give you weekend shifts too.

renaultman:

tilerman:
If you are desperate and want [zb] wages with max hours and more try kent connection they will take anybody on

They might give him the odd weekend shift as well.
I thought the agencies would be happier finding odd weekend shifts than full week ones :frowning:
I always used to struggle to find drivers for Saturday mornings. When we had all run out of hours. Actually Hargreaves might give you weekend shifts too.

Thanks for the replies, I’ll try them as anyone who’d be willing to give me a shot I’d be most grateful so I can gain some expeience. Weekends would be fine, full time would be even better. Will get some more letters printed out this evening :slight_smile:

If your working for an agency then in my opinion the more your available the better, drivers names stick in heads the ones who just do the odd weekend tend to get forgotten about!

tilerman:

They went bust a couple of months ago mate !!!

Grahamy:

tilerman:

They went bust a couple of months ago mate !!!

check the date when tilerman made his post :wink:

by tilerman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:03 am